Android [Question/Idea] Google Assistant on cheaper earbuds?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
There's no reason for the Pixel Buds to be this expensive. They are just a regular pair of Bluetooth earbuds, and all the Assistant stuff is done on the phone it's connected to, not on the buds themselves.

So, would it be possible to make any pair of earbuds with buttons and a microphone compatible? It's literally all software, there's nothing special on the hardware side. AFAIK, we should just figure out how to map the 'Hold Play/Pause Button' action to activating Assistant.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There are already various apps that let you customize what the buttons do on your headphones, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible to just add a Google Assistant function to headphones (if it's not already possible).

Reactions: smileyhead

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
There's no reason for the Pixel Buds to be this expensive. They are just a regular pair of Bluetooth earbuds, and all the Assistant stuff is done on the phone it's connected to, not on the buds themselves.

So, would it be possible to make any pair of earbuds with buttons and a microphone compatible? It's literally all software, there's nothing special on the hardware side. AFAIK, we should just figure out how to map the 'Hold Play/Pause Button' action to activating Assistant.
Very much doubt it'll stay an exclusive feature. This is Android, after all. If Google doesn't make it so it works with any earphones, someone else will. Definitely.

Reactions: smileyhead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@