Hacking question about using usb for games

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't hacked my wiiu yet and i'm thinking if i should use loadiine which is my first choice or usb.
i want to try my luck with usb but i remember reading a while back that the wii u has to use the whole hard drive. when i searched to see if that is still the case i couldn't find it. if thats the case i'm just going to use loadiine because i don't want to use my 5tb hard drive for the wiiu. i don't want to really buy a hard drive to use for the wiiu knowing too much space will be left over.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i haven't hacked my wiiu yet and i'm thinking if i should use loadiine which is my first choice or usb.
i want to try my luck with usb but i remember reading a while back that the wii u has to use the whole hard drive. when i searched to see if that is still the case i couldn't find it. if thats the case i'm just going to use loadiine because i don't want to use my 5tb hard drive for the wiiu. i don't want to really buy a hard drive to use for the wiiu knowing too much space will be left over.
Yeah, kind of a waste to use a 5TB solely for the Wii U. You're better off either using FunKii and WupInstaller to install games to system memory, or like you said, use a decent sized SD with Loadiine (with the only caveat being you can't go online).

D

Deleted User

You can also use newest fork of Mocha CFW which adds FAT32 HDD support. [Which is still pretty useless because it only works with Loadiine]

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use newest fork of Mocha CFW which adds FAT32 HDD support. [Which is still pretty useless because it only works with Loadiine]
It does work in sysmenu, you can't install games but you can copy installed games with ftpiiu everywhere to it and it should work

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 1TB drive, and it's a waste of space. However, Loadiine is also useless relative to the alternative. So, that means that whichever USB drive you're going to use for Wii U games, you should dedicate that entire drive to the Wii U.

D

Deleted User

It does work in sysmenu, you can't install games but you can copy installed games with ftpiiu everywhere to it and it should work
Too much hassle. Also i don't want to play around FTPiiU to just get my games to sysmenu in Mocha FAT32HDD. [I'm clumsy and when it comes to FTPiiU it's just a no-no.]

dooceswild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just very recently purchased a Wii U and started loading a USB drive with games using the Brazilian method, using WiiU USB Helper to get the games, then WUPInstaller to install to USB drive. I would also like to get a few backups on there from games not on the e store in which I have the disc for. My questions are as follows:
1) Can I use WUPInstaller to put things onto my USB drive and load them with the Haxchi method
2) Is there a way as of yet to get vWii games on the same USB drive as Wii U games? Or even is there a way for me to load a few vWii games to system memory, while loading up a USB drive with Wii U Backups?

Last edited by dooceswild,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just very recently purchased a Wii U and started loading a USB drive with games using the Brazilian method, using WiiU USB Helper to get the games, then WUPInstaller to install to USB drive. I would also like to get a few backups on there from games not on the e store in which I have the disc for. My questions are as follows:
1) Can I use WUPInstaller to put things onto my USB drive and load them with the Haxchi method
2) Is there a way as of yet to get vWii games on the same USB drive as Wii U games? Or even is there a way for me to load a few vWii games to system memory, while loading up a USB drive with Wii U Backups?
1) Yes.
2) It's a bit of a hassle, but apparently you can if you move the games to USB manually with ftpiiu everywhere and you use the latest Mocha. You also have the option of using a SD card for vWii, and dedicating the USB drive to Wii U.

dooceswild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I would then have to switch out the SD card instead of a USB? Basically, no way to currently have backups for both Wii and Wii U on without physically switching a drive of some sort?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife.