Misc Question about NN and Modding vWii

Rudy Tabootie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a couple questions if I mod my vWii on my Wii U: The big one is will I get banned from Nintendo Network, so I wouldnt be able to play Splatoon, MK8, Mario Maker, Smash 4, etc. and I wouldnt be able to post on Miiverse on both my New 3DS and Wii U, If I do mod my vWii. And since I am posting it here, I'm gonna also ask it here, Will I be able to install normal VC wads on my vWii? I do hope to get a reply with my question as soon as I can. Thanks!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1: No, the Wii's (officially defunct) online is completely separate from the Wii U's. While it would be technically possible to check what you have installed, Nintendo's lack of action shows that they completely stopped caring for last-gen: the last anti-DS-flashcard update for 3DS was 7.0 multiple years ago, and so was the last vWii update (released with Wii U 5.2)

2: Yes, but you'll want to have them tested on a Wii as there are no software anti-brick solutions for vWii

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It will, but I don't have personal experience as I sold most of my Wii DVDs, including Brawl, 2 years ago to buy a 3DS lol

Rudy Tabootie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I actually have another question that I can think of at the top of my head. Since on my original Wii i had to install IOS 236 in order to install my WAD's on Multi Mod Manager. Since I have heard that like "oh dont install Ios'es" and stuff by skimming through the vWii community. What's the primary way to install the Wads?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you already have a working cios for the usb loader you can run your wad installer on that one!

("Don't install ios" is not literally true, but you must remember that most Wii ios are not compatible on a Wii U: double check the documentation for the cios you want to install, and avoid touching the official ones since usually they're the only compatible version anyway)

Rudy Tabootie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I just hacked my sister's wii a couple of days ago (Nothing too special, USB Loader GX, I did install ios 236 using the same installer I used when I hacked my Wii, WiiMC, and NES/SNES/GBA emulators.) I do remember when booting up USB GX, it did say "Running on IOS 58 (?) Wii Disc based games and some channels will not work" so I dont know if USB GX installed that without me looking or if it was on the Wii already, but like I said I only installed 236.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy