Gaming Question about edited Gen V Pokemon and Rating Battles

TheAnt317

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll just try here.

I made a thread about a week ago asking about what Flashcart I should get to edit Gen V saves and transfer Pokemon to Bank, which would then be sent to X (I don't have ORAS). I instead ended up getting a Save Dongle as someone suggested to me. I wanted to do it that way because I only got my 3DS about 3 weeks ago and am too nervous to do homebrew/save editing through the 3DS itself because I assume I'm going to brick it somehow.

Part of the reason why I wanted to edit/transfer to X was to participate in ratings battles (thereby having to skip the task of constant egg hatching and EV training). Curious, I decided to look at what the official rules for Rating Battles are in XY. I came across an unfortunate rule which I think may end up biting me.

・Only Pokémon obtained through normal play or received as a gift from an official event or promotion may participate.

And it goes on to explain nothing about being able to use Pokemon that know moves from Gen V tutors. Now, despite the fact that it says in the XY League, "In addition to Pokémon allowed for ΩR/αS league, you may include Pokémon that you’ve transferred using the Poké Transporter downloadable application for Nintendo 3DS systems." This has led me to some confusion. I tried searching around and couldn't really find the answer to the question I have.

TL;DR: If I transfer a Pokemon with egg/tutor moves from Gen V, am I able to use it in a ratings battle in XY? (not ORAS)

If the answer is no, then is my only choice to do the above mentioned battles to edit my 3DS saves via homebrew? Thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!