Gaming Question about Battle videos pokemon XY/ORAS/SMSUMO

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,my question is purely nostalgic and start from the point I've battle videos saved on my pc into 3ds backup folder.I would like to view them again but for now the only working are my ORAS one that I dumped with savedatafiler as "exdata",did not the same for the other replays.I tested them on Citra to view them full screen and it worked but for an unknown reason I can't do the same with my XY replays...
I don't have extra data anymore on my 3ds nowdays but I've multiple backups of my nintendo 3ds folder with all the contents so my question is:there's a way to view them now?
Battle videos should be saved on my sd card because I recognize name file"000001,000002...and so on"but they don't work on emulator/3ds if I put them on the right directory like the others and so I don't know if are ok or I need something else to use them

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, that post there is pretty old, i know. i happen to have similar questions tho. cant find much info about battle videos and ive been spending quite some time trying to google and search forums.

As far as i know, those battle videos saved via citra are not encrypted, while those coming from a regular 3ds are.

If one wants to decrypt data stored in /Nintendo 3DS/<32digits>/ needs to be decrypted first, right? (“ID0”, "movable.sed"...)

I wonder if there is a different/easier way to import that stuff without cfw, movable.sed and so on in 2021?

(thinking of x360 and resigning content to a different profile)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, that post there is pretty old, i know. i happen to have similar questions tho. cant find much info about battle videos and ive been spending quite some time trying to google and search forums.

As far as i know, those battle videos saved via citra are not encrypted, while those coming from a regular 3ds are.

If one wants to decrypt data stored in /Nintendo 3DS/<32digits>/ needs to be decrypted first, right? (“ID0”, "movable.sed"...)

I wonder if there is a different/easier way to import that stuff without cfw, movable.sed and so on in 2021?

(thinking of x360 and resigning content to a different profile)
theres console unique keys you have to get and use to decrypt data as such. if you dont have those and no nand backups to get at them. then you are screwed at getting that info.

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
theres console unique keys you have to get and use to decrypt data as such. if you dont have those and no nand backups to get at them. then you are screwed at getting that info.

Thanks alot for your quick reply. Im aware that theres been so many discussions, forum threads and all kinds of different guides in the past. I havent been around back then and find it quite hard to get proper answers to my questions nowadays.

Most of the guides are quite old, outdated and/or require stuff that isnt available to me anymore.

One of my old 3ds devices got some data on its sd that is quite important to me. I got backups, but im not able to decrypt that stuff so i can use it on a different device, or citra without having to install cfw.

Not sure if i should start a separate thread about my very individual situation. Seemed i was missing permission to do that yesterday.

Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-ne...a-content-from-regular-new3ds-in-2021.590881/

Last edited by LostRabbit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol