Hacking QtWitGui

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have added stuff for the korean key support in r110. i have no game to test it on. it would be nice if somebody with a korean wii would test drive it.

thiefstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ws000000z.jpg

can't load normal key game? this version works for korean game only?

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this error was caused by a slight change in the output text from wit. the gui was unable to correctly detect the IOS and files in the game. should be fixed in r111.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Oh sorry, changed the output of the ios so it is like the others: first hex then dec.

I think it is a good choice to implement the --sections option for dump too: It produces machine readable output. Example for list:
Code:
# wit list --sections pool/wdf/wch.wdf

[disc-0]
id=RTYP01
name=Wii Chess
title=Wii Chess
region=PAL
size=25178940
itime=1278524092 2010-07-07 19:34:52
mtime=1257713843 2009-11-08 21:57:23
ctime=1278524092 2010-07-07 19:34:52
atime=1281939602 2010-08-16 08:20:02
filetype=WDF+ISO
wbfs_slot=-1
filename=pool/wdf/wch.wdf
source=pool/wdf/wch.wdf

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in order to use a precompiled linux32 version, you would either have to have Qt on your system or the binary would need to be built with Qt static. if you already have Qt on your system, then you could just build a binary yourself really easily.

i would provide binaries for this, but it takes too long to build Qt static libraries. linux64 took me like 2 hours on a really fast computer. i would have to make linux32 in a VM so it would be like 3 hours or something. and building a static & universal MAC Qt takes like 4-5 hours at least on my piddly VM . if somebody wants to build the SDK and send it to me, it will slap it on my VMs and then i can distribute static linked binaries.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have rewritten this program, and added a bunch of stuff. right now i am in need of somebody who can do graphics for it. if somebody is interrested, and has the talent to make good images, let me know.

crazyp83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to run this on Mac OS X, and as no binaries are available it seems to me i have to compile it myself. Can any one let me know hot to compile it on mac. I have very limited experience with building programs on linux and could use some guidance. If i can build the program I will make it available to anyone else running Mac.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to build this you will need the Qt SDK from nokia. not the framework, but you need the SDK. the LGPL version will do just fine. http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/ you will also need curl and unzip. if you DONT have these, then you will need to get wiitdb.zip yourself and unzip it in the directory with all my source code.

once you have that, and the source from my svn, just run "qmake ./witGui.pro -spec macx-g++ -r CONFIG+=release" in the directory with the source. it should do a number of things... first make sure you have a file called wiitdb.xml in with the source code. then it will generate a makefile and some extra c++ files from the xml files in the source.

once that is done, just do "make -j4" and cross your fingers. it SHOULD spit out a working .app. if it doesnt, then you may need to tweak the settings in line 94 of the .pro. the current .pro generates a working .app on my intel mac.

crazyp83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
to build this you will need the Qt SDK from nokia. not the framework, but you need the SDK. the LGPL version will do just fine. http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/ you will also need curl and unzip. if you DONT have these, then you will need to get wiitdb.zip yourself and unzip it in the directory with all my source code.

once you have that, and the source from my svn, just run "qmake ./witGui.pro -spec macx-g++ -r CONFIG+=release" in the directory with the source. it should do a number of things... first make sure you have a file called wiitdb.xml in with the source code. then it will generate a makefile and some extra c++ files from the xml files in the source.

once that is done, just do "make -j4" and cross your fingers. it SHOULD spit out a working .app. if it doesnt, then you may need to tweak the settings in line 94 of the .pro. the current .pro generates a working .app on my intel mac.

Thanks alot
grog.gif

eldon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
could you give me a working commands to build it on linux 64bit (ubuntu), "qmake witGui.pro && make -j4" returns an include error, for a file that should be local and doesn't seem to exist. I should have all the qt libs here, i'm also building other qt apps and i'm assuming i don't need the "nokia" qt sdk on linux, right ?

Or maybe point me to a more recent amd64 dynamic build than the one currently available in the dowload section (r96??) ? which doesn't seem to work with recent wit builds as it keeps returning it can't parse wit output.

thx a bunch

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O ok!! How do u do that on the Mac? And how do I get the Source Code from the site?

EDIT: Just downloaded + installed Xcode 4 Mac!! lol

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find out how to fix this... None of my games will load with it, I just keep getting
"Error parsing data from wit. The game cannot be loaded."
Before, when I got wit, it said it was built to run wit r1451, I'm using r2223, and I've been looking for r1451 for the past 2 days. Is it because of the wrong version of wit the reason why this is not working?

The two ISO's I used were Goldeneye, and Black Ops. Goldeneye runs perfectly on my USB drive, but Black Ops is too big, which is why I got your program in the first place.
mellow.gif

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I have changed and improved the layout of some output, so that QtWitGui has problems with current releases. In other words: I have broken the QtWitGui support!

Please use the recommended release.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the program and tried the qtwitgui r146 *testing purposes* version. Oh, I'm definitely testing it because it's working! I guess I'll give some feedback later!
wink.gif

Before, I had been trying to use the r105 binary.

EDIT

mv6xs6.jpg

Thanks! Worked just as I expected!! The only items I deleted were the BIK video files, online multiplayer works like a charm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone