Hacking QtWitGui

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QtWitGui is a gui frontend for Wiims' wit. It can be compiled and run natively on Windows, OS-x, and Linux. It does not encompass everything that is possible with wit, but focuses on the actions designed for one game at a time. Changing such things as IOS versions, TID, name, and storage container are possible all at the same time.

You can, for example, have a game extracted to play in SNEEK and convert it to a wbfs file and change the TID to give it a new save slot and change the name so it shows up differently in a usb loader all in 1 action.

screenshots
witguixp69.png
witxpr71.png
wit69mac.png
qtwitlinux69.png
homepage here http://code.google.com/p/qtwitgui/
more info here http://code.google.com/p/qtwitgui/wiki/AboutThisProgram

I am at the point in the program that i think everything that is there should be working correctly. I would like for some people to test it out and see if there are any bugs. I am not interested in bugs that in wit, but are only caused by this program. Also, I am extending the invitation for people to submit language files to be included in the project ( see the "more info" link for the format ). Since I don't really feel like keeping up with the latest ones for each language, I will give svn access to 1 or 2 people that would like to be in charge of getting the language files into the project.

Reactions: DarthDub

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant even get this masterpiece to run :-(, i downloaded the required .dll's from the google.code page

34410222.png

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it might be that i uploaded the dll files when i had the 4.6.x version of th. sdk. then i compiled that latest exe with the 4.7.0 beta1 version. the dlls have the same name but they are in fact different. give it a few minutes while i slap the newer versions on there and try again.

edit>>>
try this http://qtwitgui.googlecode.com/files/dlls.rar

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
getting a different error this time

XP SP3 if you need to know

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)"

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no idea what thats supposed to mean pepxl. i may be that there is something in your %path% affecting this or its dlls loading ( like a different version of mingw's dll ). this exe and dlls work fine for me using xp sp2 and windows7 pro.

you may have to just compile it yourself to ensure it works on your machine.

you can try in a terminal to clear the %PATH% before loading this program.
Code:
set path=
QtWitGui.exe
it will only clear the variable for this terminal window and anything you launch from it. so when you load this program, it will not load any other dlls

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
getting a different error this time

XP SP3 if you need to know

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)"

Same error over here on seven x86

EDIT: libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll seems to be crashing

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
i have no idea what thats supposed to mean pepxl. i may be that there is something in your %path% affecting this or its dlls loading ( like a different version of mingw's dll ). this exe and dlls work fine for me using xp sp2 and windows7 pro.

you may have to just compile it yourself to ensure it works on your machine.

i found the problem, i needed to use the previous 42KB libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll that was in the previous .dll pack instead of the newer one in the updated pack

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are getting partial dutch, then it must be thinking that your PC is set to dutch. and it would be full dutch, but that translation was created a while ago and then a bunch of strings were added to the program, and the dutch language file never got updated. but if you speak dutch, you can always take the initiative and complete a dutch language file.

if your PC is NOT set to dutch, then this would be considered a bug and needs to be fixed
tongue.gif

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's correct my PC is set to dutch so that's allright and if you want me to do the rest of the dutch translation I sure wanna do that for you.

I also found out when you choose for "Save As" it opens an "Open"-dialog. (Not sure if it's just the dutch translation).

But for now i'm out. (only 4 hours left to sleep)

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bosman

right now wit only supports patching the ID and stuff if the source game is extracted files. you need to save the game as that format and then use that extracted game as the source and when you change the ID and region, it will take affect.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Giantpune

What do you use to edit the ISO?
I've made an full ISO of my Mario Kart disc and used Wiiscrubber, but Wiiscrubber only takes out some partitions but not everything, I want to cut it down in size, put on some of my own tools.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the setting that says "partition select" or something like that. just open your iso and set the partition to "data only" or something like that and save the game as something else. the saved game will only have the data partition ( the actual game ).

most, if not all, of the settings and fields now have both tooltips and "what's this" to explain things. just hover your mouse for tooltips or press F1 and click stuff for "what's this".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major borwser.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo...