OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scorpei said:
So the system works but it is just unstable. Then with the card removed the system only reboots (and is thus non-functional)... did you remove the card while the system was on or sumthin :S?

Sounds bad
tongue.gif
. The first bit sounded very much like the PSU was the culprit, but the second bit is rather weird... sounds like a settings problem in windows or something is defective. Honestly if the system works without vid card but crashes random with it (could be the card itself is defective) it really seems like the PSU simply isn't pulling it.
the computer is working perfectly normal now that i removed the video card and no i didnt remove the video card when the system was on and the only time the computer crashes is when the video card is in the system

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah I see what I misread, I read:
so i removed the video card but then it just restarts
Instead of:
bsod, then it just restarts

Anyway as you say it works fine without but doesn't work stable with there are 2/3 likely options of which the first seems the most likely seeing as your power supply of 250W is simply rather low):
1. PSU isn't pulling it (at which point you COULD try removing your burner and any other hardware you don't need, last time I'll be pointing this out
tongue.gif
)
2. The vid card itself is defective
3. Some sort of driver / IRQ / settings problem

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright so i unplugged the dvd driver and put the video card back in then i turned on the game GRID and it works perfectly but like after evey 2 min. or so it would freeze but then come back on and after like it freezing the fifth time it just turned off

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there anything else you can disconnect (or another PSU you can test with that is rated higher)? Nothing strange temperature wise I assume btw (install speedfan, it should be able to monitor it).

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scorpei said:
Is there anything else you can disconnect (or another PSU you can test with that is rated higher)? Nothing strange temperature wise I assume btw (install speedfan, it should be able to monitor it).
alright the monitor just turned off after a little while so i restarted the computer and i havent played a game yet but im going to try to install the drivers again also there is nothing else i can unplug

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after i played GRID for a while the computer keeps saying that the display driver stopped responding and the game just stops working

EDIT:this is only happening when i play a game

EDIT:i even installed the drivers again

EDIT: i played GRID again and it just completely froze so i removed the video card and put the dvd burner back in

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
get a bigger PSU your issues will be resolved ...as above your PSU is underpowered!

your testing proves this
smile.gif
well i guess your right their is no other solution left but to get a new PSU but thanks anyways people for trying to help,but what i still dont get is why did it work perfectly through out thursday and suddenly just stop the next day

EDIT: which PSU is better

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817148027

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-W0070RUC...9211&sr=1-1

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know the Apevia one, and am quite unsure as to how good the termaltake is. Try looking around for reviews. All in all there are 3 things that are nice to look at in a PSU:
Number of connections available
Noise level
Efficienty

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sonic209 said:
kobykaan said:
get a bigger PSU your issues will be resolved ...as above your PSU is underpowered!

your testing proves this
smile.gif
well i guess your right their is no other solution left but to get a new PSU but thanks anyways people for trying to help,but what i still dont get is why did it work perfectly through out thursday and suddenly just stop the next day

EDIT: which PSU is better

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817148027

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-W0070RUC...9211&sr=1-1

me personally ... would go with the bigger wattage lol (APEVIA ATX-CW500WP4) for the same price
smile.gif

That and the Thermaltake gets some bad review comments too on various sites (its avail for about $2 more on newegg) but the reviews put me off!

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have typed in my error(display driver stopped responding and has recovered) into google and it seems like the error is not caused due to my PSU but an error caused because of gayass windows vista

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)