Hacking PSTV (FW3.5x) Anybody managed to get Custom Bubbles working?

GothicIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

Ive got a Vita FW3.52 and PSTV FW3.51. While the custom bubbles do work on the vita, they won't start on the PSTV. They all exit immediately with "Application cannot be used" message.

I tried different Basegames but that doesnt matter. (echochrome micro, puzzlescapes and megamix)
I already tried both versions (overwriting the dat-file with mail and the sql-injection into app.db) of the whitelist hack and it is indeed working for vita-games and psx-games, but not for custom bubbles.

Had anybody successful attempts with it and a bubble with ARK/Homebrew running on PSTV?

GothicIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No error code. You start the bubble and you'll be welcomed with: "This application cannot be used with this system. If this application is supported by the PSTV system, update the application."

Im absolutely sure I signed everything right. The eboot works on my Vita. No mistakes here.
Im not the only one.
Here is another post: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=44416

Last edited by GothicIII,

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes (for the Vita, haven't tried it on a PSTV, yet). A lot of trial and error- mostly in the way of me getting the bubble but it kicking me out immediately.

Simply put, of the games I tried (Persona PSP, Cladun X2, PoolHall Pro, Piyotama, and Ape Quest), Ape Quest was the only one that worked. I don't know if it works with the original tutorial I followed, but I do know that it works with Zett's:

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Ive got a Vita FW3.52 and PSTV FW3.51. While the custom bubbles do work on the vita, they won't start on the PSTV. They all exit immediately with "Application cannot be used" message.

I tried different Basegames but that doesnt matter. (echochrome micro, puzzlescapes and megamix)
I already tried both versions (overwriting the dat-file with mail and the sql-injection into app.db) of the whitelist hack and it is indeed working for vita-games and psx-games, but not for custom bubbles.

Had anybody successful attempts with it and a bubble with ARK/Homebrew running on PSTV?

I succesfully installed the new custom bubbles (without exploit games). Confirmed working when using as a base:

- Echochrome DEMO (used for TN-V11)
- LocoRoco Midnight Carnival DEMO (used for ARK)

Tried to use, but did not show in Content Manager when trying to transfer from the PS3:
- Dissidia Final Fantasy DEMO
- Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe DEMO
- WipEout DEMO
- Petz Saddle DEMO

Transfered but did not test, probably works as base too:
- Ape Quest DEMO

My system: PlaystationTV - 3.50

GothicIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much for your help. I have now running the ARK-Bubble with the help of PuzzleScape without modifying App.db. Its the new method with the hacked save.
Maybe fw3.51 introduced more security-mechanics to disable running unsupported software on PSTV. While all bubbles work on PSV, they don't work on PSTV like I said in the opening post. Im in EU-Region
and I can't download DEMOs with the PS3 which transfer successfully afterwards to PSTV (they just don't come up in the downloadlist from CMA).

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I be able to put any psp games on my 3.52 vita without it updating to 3.55? or Am I basically screwed with having to upgrade to be able to get into psn to get a game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1