Hardware PSP2 (NGP) Size Comparison

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serina said:
yup. wii u controller's pretty freakin big.
Maybe if it was a portable it would be freakin big.

Not for a controller,just big.

QUOTE(Narayan @ Jul 27 2011, 11:34 PM) wait, why is vita in that chart?
That is a good question.
laugh.gif

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
My "PSP" is pretty big. The PSP Vita might be a slight bit bigger. I hope it feels good when I hold it. Looks like it requires two hands.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingVamp said:
Serina said:
yup. wii u controller's pretty freakin big.
Maybe if it was a portable it would be freakin big.

Not for a controller,just big.

QUOTE(Narayan @ Jul 27 2011, 11:34 PM) wait, why is vita in that chart?
That is a good question.
laugh.gif

It can be used as a controller? But in comparison, the WiiU is huge. Imagine holding that for a few hours
tongue.gif

-Qtis

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, from the picture, the WiiU's controller looks decently sized; Not as big as people complain.

And the Vita looks like the perfect size for me. Big screen = win.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Judging from this video:

[youtube]l3gViy_3uZ4[/youtube]
It's really big IMHO, bigger than I expected....
I'm hoping they announce a smaller version of it soon, with hopefully better battery life. This seems a tad too big, especially thick too.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Satangel said:
Judging from this video:

[youtube]l3gViy_3uZ4[/youtube]
It's really big IMHO, bigger than I expected....
I'm hoping they announce a smaller version of it soon, with hopefully better battery life. This seems a tad too big, especially thick too.
Pal, large =/= thick. It's exactly thinner than a closed DS.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hope they make the screen even bigger. I don't care about the size at all, I don't carry portables in pockets (besides my cellphone).

I don't see how they can make it smaller than this without killing the screen size. And why the hell do you want a better battery life if you don't even know how many hours this one can get yet?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maedhros said:
Hope they make the screen even bigger. I don't care about the size at all, I don't carry portables in pockets (besides my cellphone).

I don't see how they can make it smaller than this without killing the screen size. And why the hell do you want a better battery life if you don't even know how many hours this one can get yet?
Sony has said numerous times it's at least as good as the PSP battery
Which is still pretty bad IMHO, that's around 8 hours gaming, just too less IMHO... I fully realize I'm asking too much and technology hasn't caught up yet, but in a few years I'm hoping the technology can deliver it.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
8 hours isn't the truth at all. Mine can get 3 hours on max (but it's outdated, on it's prime days, I could get 5:30 hours). We'll only know how many hours it can get when they release it.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maedhros said:
8 hours isn't the truth at all. Mine can get 3 hours on max (but it's outdated, on it's prime days, I could get 5:30 hours). We'll only know how many hours it can get when they release it.
Even better. I'm used to the DS Lite times, which really impressed me. Now I've got a PSP and I have to charge it everyday, quite annoying.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
aminemaster said:
Jolan said:
Well what do you carry your books in when you go to school/college then?
people don't only play at school, and why do you keep gaming there?

Because scheduling of classes may not be in your favor, leaving you with more time in between than the time needed to walk from classroom to classroom.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Seriously there's so much wrong with the Vita design I don't know where to start... Is it really even a portable? It's not going to fit in any pocket and the battery will last you like 2 hours if you want good brightness and online. On top of that you're going to see a lot of games that are ported from consoles - they're not designed to be fun in short bursts, and you usually can't even save that often. Nothing but fail from every company in the last 6 years...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synce said:
Seriously there's so much wrong with the Vita design I don't know where to start... Is it really even a portable? It's not going to fit in any pocket and the battery will last you like 2 hours if you want good brightness and online. Nothing but fail from every company in the last 6 years...

3DSExpansionSlidePad.jpg

Not portable you say?

Also, I find when you're on the go, you can just bring a backpack or something and throw that in a pocket. When the Vita was announced at E3 they had people just taking it out of their pockets (they did when the Bioshock guys were talking about a Bioshock Vita and when they demoed SFxT).

I need online when I'm on the go? I guess the world is one big WiFi connection. Yes, the 3G is pretty stupid.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
synce said:
Seriously there's so much wrong with the Vita design I don't know where to start... Is it really even a portable? It's not going to fit in any pocket and the battery will last you like 2 hours if you want good brightness and online. On top of that you're going to see a lot of games that are ported from consoles - they're not designed to be fun in short bursts, and you usually can't even save that often. Nothing but fail from every company in the last 6 years...
Shut the fuck up man. God, I respect oppinions, but everything you just said is just bullshit.

Portable aren't things that you put inside your pocket, but things that have a battery and you can carry around with you. A fucking notebook is a portable. A Fucking HUGE Ipad is a portable. Portable != POCKETABLE.
It's funny you're talking about battery life, when no portable on the market has more than it... 3DS is just the same, with the lowest bright, 3D off, Wi-Fi off. It's ALSO the same time as PSP1000, the first iteration of the PSP. There's still room to improvement in the future, in both portables.

The last part gave me cancer. You're saying you didn't played hours of NSMB on the DS (that's also has a version on the bigger consoles)? Don't see LoZ: OoT 3D as a great game for 3DS? Starfox 64 3D, a enhanced port of a fucking N64 game. Resident Evil Revelations, which would be better suited for a console too, in your logic. That's bullcrap. Portable gamers have, since Gameboy, played console type of games on the go for the last 20 years.

This shit you said about short bursts is valid for SMARTPHONES, an "all-in-one" device, which is also used for gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...