Hardware Psp Vita featuring ps3 gamepad mode

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Who called this a "WiiU killer?" Its clearly a side feature, its nice to have but its not like Sony will be declaring it as the most important single reason to buy a PSV.
"Serious thread to the WiiU"

"The WiiU's controller is pointless"

I'm more or less talking to GBATemp and IGN/1up/any other article writers.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
emigre said:
Who called this a "WiiU killer?" Its clearly a side feature, its nice to have but its not like Sony will be declaring it as the most important single reason to buy a PSV.
"Serious thread to the WiiU"

"The WiiU's controller is pointless"

I'm more or less talking to GBATemp and IGN/1up/any other article writers.
What's more pointless is making a feature for a console that will be replaced with a newer version in about a year or so after the PS Vita's release.

Unless they will also make the feature available for the PS4.
unsure.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
TheDarkSeed said:
What's more pointless is making a feature for a console that will be replaced with a newer version in about a year or so after the PS Vita's release.

Unless they will also make the feature available for the PS4.
unsure.gif
Sony doesn't replace their consoles on the spot.
The PS2 is still going.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that, And I know that Sony will keep the PS3s life cycle going for at least another 6 years or so. I mean in terms of the user replacing it as a console in their home.

At that point, there will be as many people talking about ps Vita connection with the ps3 as there are people talking about GBA connection with the Gamecube now. [or maybe I'm exaggerating a lot]

yabhero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
prowler_ said:
gameandmatch said:
3. Nintendo never had a threat when it comes to having the most sales for it's game systems.
PS2 sir.
Not saying that it's is and ever has been a 'threat', just ruling Nintendo out of the best sales column.
In addition, the original PlayStation sold three times as many units as the N64.

Current gen the Wii is being outsold by both the PS3 and 360 in the US.
The Wiis sales only recently dropped sales because of the announcement of the Wii U b4 that on averageWii monthly sales we're twice that of Xbox and ps3 IN THE US

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maedhros said:
Foxi4 said:
This is a very nifty feature that is... entirely pointless. Whoever has a PS3, already has a nice TV set to go with it. Whoever will buy the PS Vita, will buy it with an intent to use it as a portable gaming system, not a controller. Whoever buys $300-$400 controllers sh*ts money. I see it as a gimmick. A fun gimmick, but a gimmick none the less. Remember, "what does everything does everything mediocre" - they shouldn't be jamming features into the Vita too hard.
If it's useless on the PS3 + Vita, it's useless on the Wii U.

Also, Vita isn't a controller only. It's still a handheld and you can use it everywhere you wants to use.

I don't get this. How can this gimmick sidefeature from the PSV determine wether or not the Wii U's main-focus will be useless?
Just FYI, the Wii U will most likely be priced at the same price or less of a PSV (they won't repeat the 3DS pricing-mistake again I'm sure) and every game will see features developed around this tablet. While buying a PSV+PS3 will go over double the price the Wii U will be and will probably just feature 10 games at most.

You just make no sense.

TheDarkSeed said:
This is a feature I was hoping the 3DS would have. I think it's a nice feature.

Although there may still be some hope for my wish.
Actually, the 3DS will be able to be used as a Wii U controller Iwata said (too lasy to look it up though, but it's there).

yabhero said:
Urza said:
QUOTE(prowler_ @ Aug 2 2011, 10:54 AM) QUOTE(gameandmatch @ Aug 2 2011, 05:51 PM)
3. Nintendo never had a threat when it comes to having the most sales for it's game systems.
PS2 sir.
Not saying that it's is and ever has been a 'threat', just ruling Nintendo out of the best sales column.
In addition, the original PlayStation sold three times as many units as the N64.

Current gen the Wii is being outsold by both the PS3 and 360 in the US.
The Wiis sales only recently dropped sales because of the announcement of the Wii U b4 that on averageWii monthly sales we're twice that of Xbox and ps3 IN THE US

This.

The Wii sold world wide over 85 million units while the 360 comes in second with 55 million. The PS3 is a little over 50 million.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
I don't get this. How can this gimmick sidefeature from the PSV determine wether or not the Wii U's main-focus will be useless?

If you're saying the Vita doing what the WiiU does a "gimmick", then isn't the WiiU just a gimmick in itself?

QUOTEJust FYI, the Wii U will most likely be priced at the same price or less of a PSV (they won't repeat the 3DS pricing-mistake again I'm sure) and every game will see features developed around this tablet. While buying a PSV+PS3 will go over double the price the Wii U will be and will probably just feature 10 games at most.

Lol. Now that makes no sense.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Shuji1987 said:

If you're saying the Vita doing what the WiiU does a "gimmick", then isn't the WiiU just a gimmick in itself?

Cause obviously the developers won't use it to it's full potential because of all the downsides to it. Now, the Wii U comes bundled with everything you need and developers can focus on expanding it beyond a gimmick. There will be a great amount of awesome games with a lot of cool features with the tablet. This simply won't happen with the PSV.

QUOTE said:
Just FYI, the Wii U will most likely be priced at the same price or less of a PSV (they won't repeat the 3DS pricing-mistake again I'm sure) and every game will see features developed around this tablet. While buying a PSV+PS3 will go over double the price the Wii U will be and will probably just feature 10 games at most.

Lol. Now that makes no sense.

How does that not make sense? I'm not speaking turkish am I?
The PSV will simply not be used in such a way as prominent to the Wii U. The Wii U is designed for it while the PSV offers it as a side feature. Therefor the majority of games won't use it in contrary to the game library the Wii U will offer. Along with a hefty price tag on it this won't be something you will see used a lot.

Maybe it will find it's way to homebrew after it's hacked, but that is still not appealing enough for the average Joe.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Shuji1987 said:

Cause obviously the developers won't use it to it's full potential because of all the downsides to it. Now, the Wii U comes bundled with everything you need and developers can focus on expanding it beyond a gimmick. There will be a great amount of awesome games with a lot of cool features with the tablet. This simply won't happen with the PSV.

But what's to say that every dev will be SUPER INNOVATIVE with the WiiU? The Wii's features were interesting to say the least but soon became more of an annoying downside of the system than something that was really fun to play. Even Nintendo pretty much sideboarded these features in some of their big games (motion controls are hardly necessary in Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc etc).

How does that not make sense? I'm not speaking turkish am I?
The PSV will simply not be used in such a way as prominent to the Wii U. The Wii U is designed for it while the PSV offers it as a side feature. Therefor the majority of games won't use it in contrary to the game library the Wii U will offer. Along with a hefty price tag on it this won't be something you will see used a lot.

I'm not saying any games will be built around the feature, I was more so chuckling at the whole "The WiiU will cost around the same price as the Vita" bit. The Vita's $250 for a WiFi model. I doubt they can beat that with a console.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Shuji1987 said:
Maedhros said:
Foxi4 said:
This is a very nifty feature that is... entirely pointless. Whoever has a PS3, already has a nice TV set to go with it. Whoever will buy the PS Vita, will buy it with an intent to use it as a portable gaming system, not a controller. Whoever buys $300-$400 controllers sh*ts money. I see it as a gimmick. A fun gimmick, but a gimmick none the less. Remember, "what does everything does everything mediocre" - they shouldn't be jamming features into the Vita too hard.
If it's useless on the PS3 + Vita, it's useless on the Wii U.

Also, Vita isn't a controller only. It's still a handheld and you can use it everywhere you wants to use.

You just make no sense.
Of course I make sense. The Wii U controller will be used as an interface for games. The Vita can be used as that too. The difference between them is that the game can be fully playable in the Wii U controller, because the console is streaming the game for it (downside is that you have to be next to the console for this to work), so you just need one game. With PS3/Vita case, you can't do that, only use the Vita for the same applications the Wii U will be used in the combo TV + Controller: Maps, Status screens, Inventory, Innovative gameplay. The downside for Vita is that the game will not be fully playable on Vita if the TV is being not used, unless the game is running on the Vita too.

There are problems with latency too, I'm sure Nintendo is using a high speed streaming port to do the comunnication between Wii U console and it's controller. The PS3 only have the 801.22g port, which is better than the b version that PSP used for it's Remote Play. I don't think it'll be a problem at all for the bolded things I listed on the first paragraph. I don't know if the innovative gameplay will be really responsive, though. It's up to Sony to provide that in OS level.

So, if you call Vita a gimmick, you can extend that to Nintendo Wii U too, specially if they only use it for the things I bolded in the first paragraph. Kinda like the second screen in the DS, where some games only used it for these gimmick things.

@Guild

Yes, Nintendo can beat that price. Because you'll need a PS3 + Vita for it to work, so it'll be pricier.
The point is to give the use of it as option for the PS3 player, if they have a Vita too and it works well, why not?

He's right about not all games using it too, unless Sony makes it available at OS level (in the SDK), for free. If they include these functions there, I can see multiplatform Wii U/PS3 games using it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
@Guild

Yes, Nintendo can beat that price. Because you'll need a PS3 + Vita for it to work, so it'll be pricier.
The point is to give the use of it as option for the PS3 player, if they have a Vita too and it works well, why not?

He's right about not all games using it too, unless Sony makes it available at OS level (in the SDK), for free. If they include these functions there, I can see multiplatform Wii U/PS3 games using it.

I thought he said the WiiU would cost the same-ish as the Vita alone, not the Vita + PS3. Obviously the WiiU probably won't cost that much ($550-$600).

And I obviously wouldn't think many games would build on this mechanic, but it'd be an interesting side feature. Say you're playing a game like (only thing coming to mind) Ruin and you connect it to your PS3. You'd get the option to move the game to the TV and the menu to the Vita. I doubt any games would make it a necessary mechanic but it'd be a nice side feature.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Maedhros said:
@Guild

I thought he said the WiiU would cost the same-ish as the Vita alone, not the Vita + PS3. Obviously the WiiU probably won't cost that much ($550-$600).

And I obviously wouldn't think many games would build on this mechanic, but it'd be an interesting side feature. Say you're playing a game like (only thing coming to mind) Ruin and you connect it to your PS3. You'd get the option to move the game to the TV and the menu to the Vita. I doubt any games would make it a necessary mechanic but it'd be a nice side feature.
Now THAT would be very nifty, especially in games that have a lot of action. I can just imagine playing with a friend who has a Vita.
smile.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
Maedhros said:
@Guild

Man, that's an awesome feature to anyone having a PS3!

I bet Sony will make the first move in trying this tech.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Man, that's an awesome feature to anyone having a PS3!

I bet Sony will make the first move in trying this tech.
And probably the only move. The Move says hi. (With the exception of NMH2, of course)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: