bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you'll want to use 3.02 OE released later today by DA. That's going to be much better than the buggy devhook, I've been using .5101 and been happy so far since I use it only for MGS portable ops, but the new custom firmware is where it's at. Stay tuned.

What do you mean by buggy ? If it's only some games not working, that's not a problem. I just want to try out some games before spending 50$ on something I might not like
smile.gif

Also, thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question : What is the best way to play psp iso's on my 1.5 PSP ?
Is DevHook v0.51.0100 enough ? Apparently the main feature is the ability to emulate the 3.02 firmware (which I'm not interested in), is it still good ?

That's the only thing I use to play ISO in my opinion.
What psp do you have ? 1.5 ?

I've been looking around for information and apparently I NEED the firmware emulation for some games to work.
Yeah, it's 1.5. I was lucky that the shop I bought the PSP in Hong Kong let me play with it first before buying it.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you'll want to use 3.02 OE released later today by DA. That's going to be much better than the buggy devhook, I've been using .5101 and been happy so far since I use it only for MGS portable ops, but the new custom firmware is where it's at. Stay tuned.

What do you mean by buggy ? If it's only some games not working, that's not a problem. I just want to try out some games before spending 50$ on something I might not like
smile.gif

Also, thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

I mean buggy as in .5101 still has stability issues in terms of exiting games and entering games and running certain games. If you're only running devhook it's still recommended now to use a hybrid devhook 2.71/3.x or 2.8x to run games with full stability. Should only use .5101 as needed since it's still beta, although I'm sure booster's not too far from finishing it. Main problem is, since using the new devhook creates a firmware dump that grabs a sig check from your current psp, the saved games from devhook .46 and below won't work once you run the newer devhooks under newer firmwares. I have confidence this issue might be nullified by tonight's release of 3.02 OE.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea I had a 1.5 and sold it, then got a 2.X (the one that worked with the GTA) and sold it...just too much work to keep up on the handheld when I want to play it once every 3 months (cause things change and I gotta get recaught up) I'm actually thinking of getting a PSP with a chip in it.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea that's what it's looking like to me. Can't find too much about it. I would kind of like a newer PSP just assuming they worked out some bugs out of the original batches. Both my other PSPs had a shit load of dead pixels...which didnt bother me cause the high res but still Id like to avoid the issue if possible. But it wouldn't make my life any easier. Basically I'm still using 1.5 firmware and would have to hunt down the latest devhook info every 3-4 months there is a PSP game I want to play. Like others the DS is treating me pretty good so I may not mess with it right now. It's good to check in the PSP world though and see what's shaken.

sankukaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if i get a psp today at walmart, i am likely to get one that i can't hack?

other question: if i downgrade to 1.5, that means no more web browsing? is there a way to still use the PSP as a web browser (main advantage compared to the DS in my opinion)

sankukaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
LOL. DS has a web browser as well, and you can use the touch screen, which makes it much more comfortable to surf sites than on PSP.
The DS browser is crappy and slow, and most of all not compatible with slot 2 flash cards, that's why I think the PSP is a better web browser. Is this a good browsing experience by the way, or just a gadget that you won't use more than once?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOL. DS has a web browser as well, and you can use the touch screen, which makes it much more comfortable to surf sites than on PSP.

The DS browser is crappy and slow, and most of all not compatible with slot 2 flash cards, that's why I think the PSP is a better web browser. Is this a good browsing experience by the way, or just a gadget that you won't use more than once?
both browser are crappy and slow...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over