Hacking PSP questions.

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My psp was broken for a fair while, i got a vita but not having homebrew and all the freedom of CFW is difficult, so i got a really cheap broken PSP and making one out of two.

Last CFW which was latest at the time that i used was 5.50prometheus, now it seems to be 6.60. there don't seem to be a shortage of tutorials on them so ill be alright on that front, i got a pandora battery as well.

I am curious on N64 emulator, plus other old nintendo console emulators, i remember SNES emulator only giving me 10-15fps, has that improved? does N64 emulation provide playable FPS, it does seem like a far stretch but would be great. I will definitely check out homebrew games from the sticky post, there appears to be a lot new ones.

another thing is video playback, is there some homebrew for that yet? i hate converting everything to whatever sony decides isn't an indecent format...

what other new blows and whistles new CFW brings over old 5.5? i suppose Isos do not need patching anymore? Maybe overclocking? would highly appreciate any tips :)

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious on N64 emulator, plus other old nintendo console emulators, i remember SNES emulator only giving me 10-15fps, has that improved? does N64 emulation provide playable FPS, it does seem like a far stretch but would be great. I will definitely check out homebrew games from the sticky post, there appears to be a lot new ones.

Yes some games are very playable. SNES has always been good for sometime in my opinion.

another thing is video playback, is there some homebrew for that yet? i hate converting everything to whatever sony decides isn't an indecent format...
I can't answer this, don't watch videos on PSP

what other new blows and whistles new CFW brings over old 5.5? i suppose Isos do not need patching anymore? Maybe overclocking? would highly appreciate any tips :)

Its pretty much the same as the old custom firmware, except PSN works by default, there is no patching of course now. Overclocking to 333 mhz is achievable in vsh menu.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Prometheus stopped work on that plugin for 5.x, and now 6.x PRO is the main firmware (he moved to that). No pandora needed, the sticky here shows you how to use hellcat's to flash a clean 5.00 so you can get to 6.x and install PRO.

N64 emulator's meh. Some games are playable, most are slow and many do not run at all. It's still being worked on, but compatibility improves rather slowly. Some games do work well, but these are often the older/simpler ones like Super Mario 64 (and of a course a lot of work specifically went into the zelda games). Expect 50-75% speed on most titles that run.

SNES emulators are fullspeed on almost every game, same with Genesis and older.

For video conversion, get used to it, it's not going away any time soon on any handheld (though the number of supported formats is slowly increasing, it's still nowhere near the total number out there). This is not due to negligence or anything, there's a shit-ton of technical stuff that goes into it. PMPlayer can play a few more things than the native player, but for best results just deal with converting first.

6.x PRO has native PSN support, better ISO support, a memory stick speedup option that really helps loading speeds (assuming you're using a legit MSPRODUO) some additional options you used to need plugins for, and the fact that it's still in-development (though not at a rapid pace) is always a plus. It's on google code if you want to check out more, some of it's features are things I don't use so I tend to forget about them.
http://code.google.com/p/procfw/

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome, that helps a lot, i am already up and running perfectly, barely touched my vita... patapon rocks ;)

though i did run into a few problems first of which is cwcheat, which being brutally honest doesn't work... i downloaded it for 6.2FW from the tutorial, as i am running 6.2CFW with perm. jailbreak, would get 6.6 but from what understand i'd need to unlock it every time i switch batteries, and i got 3 of them, no thx. CWcheat seem to lack functions like add cheat to my database, and it doesn't seem to edit values... ill need to check for a newer version or something? CWcheat seem to be most popular, but i should be fine with just a memory editor+scanner as i am quite familiar with those, and it is quicker to just find/edit myself than go online to look for the cheat table.

Also need some polish for some scratches, now psp doesn't have gorilla glass, but it does seem to have some sort of coating on top of the softer plastic, any polishes work on it to fill the scratches? i don't really want to use CD repair stuff, as it just eats the top layer off, which would leave my psp screen even more exposed :(

also if anyone had some successful items to polish gorilla glass screens, could you share which ones? as most of them are crap -_-

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thing is i paid 15£ for my psp 1000, which i like very much just that theres a few scratches on it, and new faceplate costs at very least half that :D i figure a little spit&polish ought to do it. 6.95£ for black one on amazon. mine is white, also i don't feel like investing that much into it, plus i got quite a few other things i need some polish for, it just is really hard to find one that actually works...

and with the cwcheat it must be the CFW cause before on 5.50PRO and m33 it would work flawlessly... thanks for the intel though :) ill check them out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-