OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Plugin Info

[title:Plugins F.A.Q.]
  • Q - What's a plugin and how do I use it?
    A - A plugin is a .PRX file that adds additional functionality to your PSP. They can cheat, take screenshots, save/load state, stream video, remap your controls, and lots more. A plugin's installation instructions usually require you to place it's PRX file into your /seplugins/ folder, and to modify one or more of the text files in that folder. There's three text files, one for VSH, one for GAME, and one for POPS. You edit whichever file for the section you want the plugins to work under, like this.
    ms0:/seplugins/joysens.prx 1
    ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 0

The first line is for the joysens.prx plugin, and the 1 indicates it's enabled. The second line is for the RemoteJoyLite.prx plugin, and the 0 means it's disabled.
  • Q - When will plugins be activated?
    A - A plugin will be activated the next time it's section (VSH/GAME/POPS) starts.
  • Q - What are VSH, GAME, and POPS?
    A - VSH refers to the PSP's native OS/Menus. GAME refers to PSP games (and hombrew). POPS refers to PS1/PSX games.
  • Q - A plugin isn't working for me on a 6.x firmware, what do I do?
    A - Things changed between 5.x and 6.x, not all plugins work on 6.x. Sometimes you can find an updated version of a plugin that will work, but other times you'll have to use a different plugin to do what you want.
  • Q - I have a lot of stuff, can I organize it?
    A - If you want to rearrange the order of things in the game list, you can use PSP Content Manager.
    If you want to sort things into folders, use the Game Categories Light plugin. Add/enable the plugin, then make folders in your /ISO/ and /PSP/GAME/ folders, named /CAT_(category name)/, and place your stuff into them. The Game Categories plugin can work three different ways, be sure to check the added options in your system settings to customize it the way you like. Not all homebrew works properly when placed into a category folder (or even when using certain category view types), though.
  • Q - Can I enable/disable plugins without having to hook up to a PC and edit that file each time?
    A - If you're fully-hacked, then yes. Shut the PSP fully down (hold the on/off switch until it cuts off), then turn it back on and immediately hold the R trigger to access the recovery menu. You can toggle plugins from there.
Terminator02's Guide for installing POPSloader for PRO CFW

Rules:
[*]If you want to vote for another plugin after posting. DO NOTE EDIT, create a new post[*]Provide a quick description of the plugin if it is not already on the list.[*]You can not -1 vote.

Essential (10 or more votes)
Vote so we can get some here!
[/p]

Recommended (5 or more votes)

Vote so we can get some here!
[/p]

They Got A Vote (less than 5 votes)

(4) CXMB - Allows you to apply flash themes to your XMB.

(2) NPLoader - This plugin allows direct reading and loading of DLC (EDATA/PGD/SPRX) files in their decrypted form.

(2) PRXShot - Screenshot Plugin (allows you to take in-game screenshots)

(1) RemoteJoyLite - Allows you to output your PSP screen (over usb) to your Windows PC (Youtube Anyone?)

(1) PSP3D - Plugins allows you to view games in 3D (with a little help from your classic Red/Cyan glasses)

(1) CWCheat - Plugin which allows you to use cheats with your PSP games.

(1) TempAR - Alternative to CWCheat and supports CWCheat codes and Action Replay codes.

(1) Hold+ - Preserves battery power.

(1) Game Categories - Allows you to sort your games, homebrew etc into folders (good for sorting stuff)
[/p]

Thanks to Terminator02 for BBC code help!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could just copy my code from here (minus the categories within each rank), i won't get offended

however i doubt this will really take off, especially when we already have the wololo list which pretty much already highlights all of the best plugins

kevan

Imagination rules the world
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I noticed that but the Temp should have its own list.
I'll check out your code thanks.

If anyone comes across please mention some that you use and recommend.

Edit: If I use that code I'll mention you it seems to fit the bill if I scale it down right.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
CXMB - Beautiful XMB's
NPloader - Just play those games without some stupid DRM.
RemoteJoyLite - Put those games on YouTube!
PRXshot - Nice screenshot plugin.
PSP3D - Nice concept which still needs some tuning and crashes some games but works on some games perfectly!

About categorizing I'd say just put them XMB/Menu and Game related and then score order. Maybe also mentioning if some plugin is for 5.XX.
Ia there really that much plugins that there should be essentials? Just listing 'em all could be better?

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mario92 said:
CXMB - Beautiful XMB's
NPloader - Just play those games without some stupid DRM.
RemoteJoyLite - Put those games on YouTube!
PRXshot - Nice screenshot plugin.
PSP3D - Nice concept which still needs some tuning and crashes some games but works on some games perfectly!

About categorizing I'd say just put them XMB/Menu and Game related and then score order. Maybe also mentioning if some plugin is for 5.XX.Ia there really that much plugins that there should be essentials? Just listing 'em all could be better?

If anyone lists a 5.xx only plugin etc please mention then thanks
happy.gif

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont really want to list them all since wololo.net has all of them.
Just vote on what you think is best and we will get an essentials
list for the temp.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Somebody needs to make a guide that does three things.

1 - Explains how to use plugins.
http://gbatemp.net/t292568-psp-guides-update-info
2 - Lists plugins.
3 - Lists alternate plugins that do the same thing and explains some of their differences (for example TempAR versus cwcheat versus CMFusion).

A list is fine and all, but anybody can google for a list. A proper guide should have info on how to use various plguins (not all have easy install directions) and plugins in general, and be a good resource. As shown in the link, there's some info for anybody who wants to make a guide to copy-paste since we could use one.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Somebody needs to make a guide that does three things.

1 - Explains how to use plugins.
http://gbatemp.net/t292568-psp-guides-update-info
2 - Lists plugins.
3 - Lists alternate plugins that do the same thing and explains some of their differences (for example TempAR versus cwcheat versus CMFusion).

A list is fine and all, but anybody can google for a list. A proper guide should have info on how to use various plguins (not all have easy install directions) and plugins in general, and be a good resource. As shown in the link, there's some info for anybody who wants to make a guide to copy-paste since we could use one.

That would be a crazy guide 0_0
By that I mean HUGE!

But I would be fine to try and sort this better to include info on the plugins
Install directions (from other sources)
And I will keep similar plugins close to each other.

Edit: although I wont bother to find so many install directions unless its worth it (in other words we have 1-2 recommended plugins).
Edit Edit: Rydian please vote next time
happy.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well it's not going to be that huge. I don't mean going into detail on the plugins, but stating the major differences (like TempAR uses the new cheat database type and is made for finding/creating codes in addition to using them while CMFusion has some additional tools like text/image viewers and save/load state) is enough for people to make decisions.

And it's not like you need every plugin at once, more can be added later as needed...

And most installs are the same thing, only a few are different.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edit: hmm not sure how this can be done.
How about we keep voting and if similar ones come up
ill reference those. Not too mention ill make sure
to come up with any info on voted ones.

So in other words if someone votes one I dont know
ill make sure to have a look for a similar one.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok lets see if I get this right.

I should scour the Internet to find plugins and similar plugins.
Categorize them and reference similar plugins to each other
and explains how to use plugins?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't really need to scour the internet, people sill suggest plugins as needed (after all, new ones are created every so often). Including basic info on plugins (like the info you can copy-paste from the thread I linked) will make the thread more substantial, and explaining in short (maybe just a few words) what each plugin does will also be helpful.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok think I got it.
How about I change it to a list (w/out votes) then
people suggest plugins they think are worthy.

I'll add the plugin info and keep on putting
descriptions with each plugin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: I forgot I was in this group :skull: