Hacking PSP or PS VITA?

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of getting a PSP and put cfw on it but somebody told me to just get a vita. Is there anything I can do with a psp that i can't do with a vita? Does the vita play all psp games? Which one should i get?

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vita with the current exploit now could do everything the psp can do with better hardware and vita games up to 3.6 firmware

Reactions: BORTZ

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the PSP has Micro SD to Memory Stick adapters. But there are adapters coming out for the Vita that do that as well but go in the game card slot.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what's the current vita firmware? what happens if it's above 3.6 is not hackable?
Then you wait for 3.6< to be cracked (if that ever happens). Or just accept that you have a vanilla Vita. Check on eBay for the firmware you want, check the trade section of GBAtemp, or ask local pawn shops and used game stores if you can check out the Vita before you buy it.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Buy a 100% new Vita except for the very new two (Blue/Red Slim), and you're guaranteed to get a firmware on 3.60 or below. You can buy a SD2VITA from ebay as well, they work great and that will set you for the memory (a class 10 under 10mbps is more than enough for the microSD card).

Then from there, you've got both a Vita and a PSP. (after you follow the easy hacking guides ofc)

Last edited by Jiehfeng,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a 100% new Vita except for the very new two (Blue/Red Slim), and you're guaranteed to get a firmware on 3.60 or below. You can buy a SD2VITA from ebay as well, they work great and that will set you for the memory (a class 10 under 10mbps is more than enough for the microSD card).

Then from there, you've got both a Vita and a PSP. (after you follow the easy hacking guides ofc)
thanks. That does seem the way to go.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Also I forgot to mention, the Vita can make PSP games look a tad bit better. Adrenaline; the PSP emulator for the Vita, has graphical settings to turn down aliasing (the staircase effect on diagonal lines drawn in games), make the game look sharper, make it look like it's running on an LCD screen or something, and one other thing I don't remember.

It's a great time to get a Vita, since the SD2VITA option is now widely available. The Vita has some great hidden gems of its own too.

Anti-Aliasing example:
ssaa-anti-aliasingnedir.png

It's not SSAA, but the one in Adrenaline does the job!

Last edited by Jiehfeng,
Reactions: Roah and BORTZ

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP since you don't have to worry about firmware versions at all since every psp on any firmware can be setup to use custom firmware. Plus overall it's cheaper to get into and easier to setup.

With the ps vita if you are on a firmware higher than 3.60 you are almost completely screwed unless someone figures out how to get cfw on higher firmwares which might never happen.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That was the psp1000. The 2000's and 3000's (have more ram) emulate snes well.
It's still creaky with plenty of frame drops depending on the game. The Vita manages it full speed.

I think the Vita has finally reached the point where it is the superior emulation platform. The extra power of the Vita means it can emulate many more systems faster (CPS3, Amiga etc.), you get full access to the official PSP and PS1 emulation, and SD2Vita means you can now just stick a 200GB MicroSD in there and you're good to go. We now have permanent, autoboot CFW too.

Reactions: kineticUk

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but people should remind him, that the Vita needs to be activated in order to run Adrenaline,
While you can use MLTActivator, you cant pretty much go online, and there is no ETA for Adrenaline-6 wich suppose to come with no need for an activated Vita.

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
Vita is the better option pretty much in all regards if you can afford and fine one with that hasn't been updated beyond 3.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2