• DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:
everyone who is saying the psp has better graphics - does your games have a lot of motion blur? mine do on my phat and it doesn't do the gfx any justice... is there a fix for this?

Not heard about this myself, sorry.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like my psp more than me ds because it's purely just better.
biggrin.gif

Heatguyred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I just recently traded my ds lite for a psp slim, and Im not really liking the PSP, even though the games have way better graphics and stuff, I just dont like it, playing ps1 games is the best thing, but lacking L2 and R2 buttons makes it sortta akward for some games.

I have trouble having fun with the psp, the only good game that I played so far was God of War, anf it was way too short.

Bottom line, I now see why the ds pawns the PSP's ass so much

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what is about the NDS (and N-handhelds in general), but the games have never really held my interest for long. The exceptions to this were Mario Golf and Mario Tennis. Other than those 2, I just really can't get into the Nintendo handhelds. The screens are too small, the sound is awful, the graphics are outdated (it's 3D is a joke), and the control is carpal tunnel inducing even if you use the stylus. On the plus side, the DS is so simple to hack, that even a caveman could do it. The games are small enough that you can fit 100-150 of the latest ones on a 4.7gig DVD-R. There are tons of games still coming out for it. The storage media (micro-sd) is much cheaper than Mem-stick, and you can fit a lot more games on a smaller card.

I have to admit, I've played my PSP more in the few months I've had it, than I have the DS I've had for a year and a half. Partly because I love driving/racing games, and the analog nub rules for that. The graphics are far superior, and the buttons feel much more sturdy and responsive. The games are what they are...I haven't played a bad one, they just aren't making that many for it any more. Another thing is that the PSP comes with the features built in that the DS doesn't. Multimedia. Movies, music, pictures playing capability built right in. A perfect PS1 emulator (thanks Sony!), wallpaper and theme support, Wifi, USB and memcard slots, digital camera syncing, and FIRMWARE UPDATES.
That being said, it's a little more expensive to get started, the system itself, and if you want to hack it I recommend getting a premade Pandora and magic memstick (about 30-40 dollars). 4gb memsticks are 30-55 dollars, and a 2gb is really the minimum you need because the largest of the games are 1.6-1.9gb. If you're just getting started there are plenty of games to play, but the future looks kind of bleak...there ain't much coming down the pike in the way of games, let alone really great ones.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
For me, it's the complete opposite as the above poster. I play my DS almost every day of the week, and I've played my PSP about 10 times since I bought it. (About 4 months ago, I bought a new Slim)

Lately, I've been FORCING myself to play my PSP. I have tons and tons of game sin my HDm but none of them sound entertaining to me. But I'm trying to give them all a shot before I decide whether I'm gonna sell my PSP or not.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I like about my PSP so much is that with CFW you can download plugins. Thanks to plugins I'm now able to listen to my own music while playing games (like custom soundtrack on X360/PS3) and I can take screenshots of anything that shows on my PSP's screen. PS1 emulation is a huge plus. It's great to be able to play classics such as FFVII (which I never completed) and I can play other FF's such as IX which I've never played before but am meaning to play it. IMO the only things that make the DS better are it's dual/touch screens and its games.

For games I really like GripShift. It's a hybrid puzzle/racing and it's really fun!

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a Nintendo DS Lite in Red/Black I think sometime during the fall last year. Except someone at work stole it... grrr... well, I bought another one anyways because I couldn't bare to be without it. I play it regularly, and keep myself updated on new games and such. That being said, I haven't finished very many games. For some reason, either my ADD is extra bad these days, or none of these games can really retain my attention for too long. And I'm sure the flash cart is to blame too, when I have soo many choices, I like to jump around a lot, especially if one game is frustrating me.

On the other hand, I just bought a PSP Slim recently. I figured I might as well have both. The graphics are obviously WAY way WAY better. It makes DS graphics look rather crappy. But I guess it's touch screen makes up for it, because I found myself wanting to touch the icons on the PSP screen. I do like all the features of the PSP, it just seems like a more powerful and polished system. PSP seems to have a lot of racing, fighting, and shooting games, all of which I'm not that into. I'm more of an adventure, strategy, RPG, simulation, and puzzle type of gal.

Anyways, I'm happy with both. Well, I JUST got my PSP and haven't had the chance to play with it too much since that nightmare of trying to get a hackable PSP and installing the CFW, but I'm gonna have to put the DS down for a little bit and play with my new PSP for a bit. But I'll come back to my DS for Chrono Trigger of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.