Not open for further replies.

szh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
um hi guys i'm new to psp modding so i kinda have this problem.

i bought a psp1000 off my friend which was already modded with 5.50 gen d3 and my backups worked perfectly. just a few days ago however, i was playing soulcalibur broken destiny when i wanted to return to the menu to pick another game.

when i pressed home, the menu asking "do you want to return to the home menu?" appeared but pressing left and right didn't register - i.e. i couldn't select yes. what's weird is that the game was still registering the left/right inputs. so i forced shutdown the psp by holding the power switch.

after that when i tried to turn it on, the green light would only turn on for about 10 seconds before turning off. the lcd didn't display anything. removing the battery and plugging the ac adapter did the same, but leaving the battery in and plugging in the ac adapter resulted in me unable to turn the psp on at all (light remains orange).

i took out the battery and left it overnight. the next day it worked and turned on. i launched soulcalibur again and the problem happened again.

what do i do to fix the problem? it shouldn't be a brick right? (maybe it will turn on tomorrow)

thanks for any help!

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
When that happens, try removing the memory stick from the system, see if it boots up without it. Maybe something on the stick is causing problems, and if it is, it will help narrow down the problem at least.

Reactions: LarsInn

szh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
it behaves the same way whether the memory stick is in the system or not.

thanks for the suggestion though
smile.gif

szh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
okay after waiting a day with the battery out (this somehow allows me to access the xmb like normal) i reflashed with 5.50 gen-d3 (full) using hellcat's recovery flasher. after flashing and restarting it goes back to the blank screen with green light state whenever i turn it on. however it's not a brick since after i left it for a day (with the battery out again) it started up again.

i held R while turning it on to access the recovery menu and it again falls into the blank screen with green light.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

szh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i was going to install 6.20ofw like you said, but my brother decided to play tekken on it first. the menu asking "do you want to return to the home menu?" appeared but pressing left and right didn't register, just like above. force shutdown resulted in a green light and black screen too.

the difference this time is that it's been a few days and it refuses to turn on. it shouldn't be a brick since i didn't interrupt any firmware flashing or anything...? but now i can't flash ofw 6.20 and...

what can i do?

szh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
oh sorry i forgot to reply to your advice
ohnoes.png
i did borrow my friend's working battery and the result was the same. anyway it shouldn't be a problem with the battery right...? since taking out the battery but plugging in the ac adaptor gives the same result?

FM_JN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having the same issue. I wonder if there's a fix after all this time? I even tried a Pandora battery recover but the console still ignores left-right commands at the home menu. Any help would be very appreciated.

FM_JN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@YotiReal thanks for the support but I don't have the console with me anymore as it belongs to someone else. Meanwhile I did find out that the menu might respond while toggling the "hold" switch. So basically press and hold the button you need in the home menu and then toggle the hold switch with care so that the console doesn't go to sleep mode. Hope this helps.

Reactions: gapolv

Yaanoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FM_JN fix your shoulder button(s).
that aint worked at mine.. :( i opened the psp, removed the shoulder buttons and add them again but my home menu aint working and if i goes to change my nickname the systems change from big letters to small and to numbers etc...

Yaanoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FM_JN fix your shoulder button(s).
that aint worked at mine.. :( i opened the psp, removed the shoulder buttons and add them again but my home menu aint working and if i goes to change my nickname the systems change from big letters to small and to numbers etc...

SacredMilkOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Yaanoo fix your Select button.
This^

If it's changing constantly either the select button (or whole home button array) is damaged -OR- the housing is squishing the button just enough that it makes the button respond like a hair trigger. I have this custom system I put together and the housing parts sit slightly odd- I have to loosen the lower screw behind the battery to leave room for the start button to be pressed. Perhaps check for debris between the button and the housing as well. In either case- definitely check out the select button inside the system.

Yaanoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This^

If it's changing constantly either the select button (or whole home button array) is damaged -OR- the housing is squishing the button just enough that it makes the button respond like a hair trigger. I have this custom system I put together and the housing parts sit slightly odd- I have to loosen the lower screw behind the battery to leave room for the start button to be pressed. Perhaps check for debris between the button and the housing as well. In either case- definitely check out the select button inside the system.
@Yaanoo fix your Select button.
You both are right. Ordered a new button bar on ebay and the PSP is working great again!

Reactions: SacredMilkOG

gapolv

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@YotiReal thanks for the support but I don't have the console with me anymore as it belongs to someone else. Meanwhile I did find out that the menu might respond while toggling the "hold" switch. So basically press and hold the button you need in the home menu and then toggle the hold switch with care so that the console doesn't go to sleep mode. Hope this helps.
This helped a lot, I've been experiencing this problem since 10+ years hehe, thank you!

Reactions: LarsInn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety