Balallax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!

I just wanted to share one of my consoles mods, on this PSP 3001 I've swaped the shell with a full transparent one and modded the battery to use a 2300mAh Xperia Z1 Compact Cell.

The new autonomy jumped from 3h to about 6h of gameplay.

20190605_114239.jpg

20190605_114250.jpg

Had to cut some of the internal housing (I've "burned" the plastic with a soldering iron with a flat tip since the melted plastic tends to not leave any pointed parts that could puncture the battery cell).

I've also, or course, removed the MD reader module to open a "flat" surface to lay the battery.

20190605_114350.jpg

I used the battery board from an original PSP battery, soldered two wires from the two poles on both ends (removed the battery connector of the Z1C from its battery and soldered the wires directly to the battery board)

20190605_114417.jpg

20190605_114621.jpg

The new housing refreshed the look of the device and made it unique, at least for me :)

I was thinking in putting some leds on it, but then I changed my mind, its unnecessary, and start to get into my eyes after a while.

Any other mods you guys think I should try? I have plenty parts of phones lying around...

Peace! :)

Balallax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is awesome, I love seeing mods like this!

I'm thinking about making something like this on my O3Ds, but I've never found any custom housing for it.

I really would like to get my hands on a OoT limited housing, or even a custom color one, just to refresh it too.

Any tip on where to find custom housings for the old but gold 3Ds? :)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about making something like this on my O3Ds, but I've never found any custom housing for it.

I really would like to get my hands on a OoT limited housing, or even a custom color one, just to refresh it too.

Any tip on where to find custom housings for the old but gold 3Ds? :)
Not offhand. Just the usual ideas, buy a shell off Amazon, AliExpress or someplace and modify it, or 3D print a modified one.

Reactions: Balallax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1