Gaming Psp 2000 Screens

JamesCID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Newer parts and technology does not necessarily mean it's more expensive. Also, given the 2k models are not longer being manufactured it's no surprise the price is rising and will be doing so even more.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually the 2000 screens are better afaik. The 3000 screens introduced a way of expanding the colour depth however the 3000 had another feature which basically made interlacing very noticeable, any fast motion caused horizontal lines to become visible. I have seen the difference in person and there are photographs that show it as well the PSP3000 is a no go for me.

pspdefect.jpg

PSP1000 blurs with motion as does the PSP2000 to a lesser extent the PSP3000 has annoying noticable scan lines through the whole screen.

JamesCID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ryan90 said:
Actually the 2000 screens are better afaik. The 3000 screens introduced a way of expanding the colour depth however the 3000 had another feature which basically made interlacing very noticeable, any fast motion caused horizontal lines to become visible. I have seen the difference in person and there are photographs that show it as well the PSP3000 is a no go for me.

pspdefect.jpg

PSP1000 blurs with motion as does the PSP2000 to a lesser extent the PSP3000 has annoying noticable scan lines through the whole screen.

I wouldn't call one better over the other to be honest, while it's true the 3k has interlacing issues most of the time aren't even noticeable, at least not more than the 1k and 2k models with their ghosting issues that the 3k "fixed" by interlacing the screen.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard less complaints about the 2000/4's ghosting than the 3000/4's interlacing
here, they still sell 2000, though it's still cheaper

Kaosu-Noko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$40 for a new screen sucks though. i have a 2000 that just needs a screen oh well no point of getting the screen to fix it. that $40 can go towards my 3ds

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Rydian said:
Never noticed the ghosting in actual PSP games, but in stuff like gameboy emulation it's quite noticeable and annoying.
frown.gif

Haven't used a hacked 3000 to test emulation yet.
I have a PSP 2000 and the ghosting is very noticeable on certain games. Namely Patapon and Loco Roco. It only seems to happen in those two, possibly because of both of those games' art styles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!