Hacking PSP-1001 stuck on 5.50 GEN-D

QuantumFluxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a PSP-1001 that I haven't used in over a year, which is currently running 5.50 GEN-D firmware, which I assume to be GEN-D1, since I am unable to install Prome-4 without GEN-D3. Problem is, when I attempt to upgrade to GEN-D3, I run into problems. Using the eboot itself for D3 installation, all that happens is my screen goes black and stays off until I power cycle.

When I attempt to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, I run into problems as well, the first error I get is as I start the program, I get this error screen:

hellcat_error1.jpg

When I attempt to install GEN-D3 itself, I get this error:

hellcat_error.jpg

Now I know that the easiest solution is to use a Pandora battery, however my Pandora battery has naturally died in the year it hasn't been used, it won't charge up despite using various methods to try and get it to do so, when I put the battery in while the system is on and connected to AC adapter, it doesn't show a battery as existing in Battery Information, so I assume this to mean the battery is 100% garbage, and I've ordered another one from dx but I would like to know if there's anything that I can do to try and get my firmware moving in some direction.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried using the XGEN Updater rather than Recovery Flasher? This seems to be a GEN firmware issue with phat PSP's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: