Does taobao have better jig?

Last edited by Bocchuoi,

DarkLink31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did is take an actual Joy-Con, disassemble, cut off the end of it's rail, bridge pins 1 and 10 with a small wire, and coat everything with hot glue. Conveniently enough the screw hole from the rail is perfect for a key ring. Now I have a jig that fits the switch rail as intended, and works perfectly every time.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true, but there are a reasonable amount of such setups out there.
If only someone were to port Fake News into a homebrew or payload, it would help the users who were lucky enough to snag a 1.0. And there is a way to install Fake News without Puyo-Puyo, but you need a NAND dump of someone who has installed it already.

Reactions: charlieb

gallymimu

EE Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone took a good look at TX's jig? Does it look like a much more reasonable jig to use?

I've looked at pictures of the 3d models. I haven't seen pics of a real one. It appears that they used actual gold plated spring contacts so "in theory" it should be pretty nice, repeatable (if designed will) and safe. Again, having not seen a real one....

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'll end up doing to minimize jig use is keeping the system in sleep mode, or installing AutoRCM. I heard that AutoRCM in SX-OS can be powered off entirely if you go to the launcher menu in SX OS, going to options and choosing power off from there. In which you can charge the system while it's off. I've yet to see if that's true or not.

But either way, even with AutoRCM, I'd still use sleep mode and not power off. I know that normally powering it off will bring you to RCM.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're really worried about it buy a replacement slider for the right joy-con and just solder the pins on it and use that as a jig. Shouldn't cause any more wear than the joy-cons.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With SX PRO don’t u just need to use it ONCE as long as you make sure you never turn off/update the system?
That's the case for all methods of entering RCM except for AutoRCM/briccmii which corrupts your BCT and boots you into RCM everytime the console is turned on. SX Pro is no exception to this rule.

Reactions: Erol

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, seen that before, but I'm still thinking to add a tiny small ON\OFF button, it looks cool :), however by the small size, will be very hard to make it look like from factory like I did on my Xbox360 case adding the ON\OFF big switch for the green CCFL, however since it was BIG it was also easy to make it look like factory, oh well... challenge accepted :grog:...

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I just leave my jig in there and charge my joycons outside the switch, I only ever play in docked anyway. I’m assuming that’s better than taking out and putting in again anyway?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I did the magnetic reed switch mod personally and it works great. I did it a little differently than some of the other people who used it (only slightly different). I'll post pictures and notes and part numbers at some point if people want it.

Have you got a photo of that mod please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1