Hacking (PSA) Stop the Gatehate

Frieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you can convert CIA to 3DS for GW, just there's no easy way to since its not common or something. CIA is an entirely different format, not just a "cutted" .3ds
By hands? Yes. You can compile rom for gateway even if you have only unpacked game resources. But this compiled rom will have nothing in common with the original cartridge dump.
.cia is different format, of course, but .cia files converted from .3ds cartridge dumps is just a cut off.

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gateway is a stupid company. 10.7 support takes 6 months and then you get a brick when you're trying to downgrade a n3ds to 2.1. They don't try their stuff themself. After a half year of waiting you will get untested shit that bricks you. Awesome. This makes 70$.
Cfw does everything better. It can everything what Brickway can, and it's better and doesn't brick you. End of story.

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: alex61194

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm completely missing it but I've never seen anyone say "throw away or burn your $50+ device". What I see is people telling new users to either not get gateway, or to set up their 3ds with cfw rather than gateway if they have it, which considering the much larger instability of gateway and other downsides is perfectly reasonable advice.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm completely missing it but I've never seen anyone say "throw away or burn your $50+ device". What I see is people telling new users to either not get gateway, or to set up their 3ds with cfw rather than gateway if they have it, which considering the much larger instability of gateway and other downsides is perfectly reasonable advice.
Whenever someone says "I'm running gateway + luma" or something along those lines they instantly say "There's your problem. Get rid of the gateway"

Reactions: codeluca

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever someone says "I'm running gateway + luma" or something along those lines they instantly say "There's your problem. Get rid of the gateway"
Because there actually are issues with luma/a9lh that only happen if you're running them with gateway. Maybe people jump to that conclusion too quickly but I've seen many people who have an issue with a9lh GW and then run it with luma and the issue is fixed.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there actually are issues with luma/a9lh that only happen if you're running them with gateway. Maybe people jump to that conclusion too quickly but I've seen many people who have an issue with a9lh GW and then run it with luma and the issue is fixed.
I don't doubt there is. But the tone people say it makes it sound worse than just a compatibility problem, it clearly sounds like they hate the product and want the person to stop using it completely

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's definitely been said, yes. and it's a little extreme, right? we payed money for the product, have they no consideration for our economic decisions?! gateway is perfectly stable, really. everyone just seems to believe that gateway is a hunk of trash, especially after the 4.0 beta, which might i add, was a beta.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'm not aware of this, would you mind shedding some light on the subject?

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's definitely been said, yes. and it's a little extreme, right? we payed money for the product, have they no consideration for our economic decisions?! gateway is perfectly stable, really. everyone just seems to believe that gateway is a hunk of trash, especially after the 4.0 beta, which might i add, was a beta.
Yes of course recommending you throw it away is extreme. I'm just trying to draw a distinction between that and recommending you don't use it since there are better, free options.

i'm not aware of this, would you mind shedding some light on the subject?
Just the other day there was someone who was trying to run h&s FBI with gateway and couldn't cause they kept getting an error, and solved the problem by booting it in Luma and it installed games fine. That's a recent example.

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes of course recommending you throw it away is extreme. I'm just trying to draw a distinction between that and recommending you don't use it since there are better, free options.

Just the other day there was someone who was trying to run h&s FBI with gateway and couldn't cause they kept getting an error, and solved the problem by booting it in Luma and it installed games fine. That's a recent example.
there is a line, most definitely, problem is people actually go to the extreme, rather than the respectful, "perhaps you shouldn't use gateway because there are better, free alternatives."

and i don't think the problem lies within running gateway alongside luma, it's gateway on its own.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Cartridge dump is a .3ds file. All original scene releseases (besides eshop games) is a .3ds
.cia is just a cutted .3ds You can convert .3ds into .cia, but you can't convert .cia into .3ds
wtf you CAN convert to cia you only need xorpads to do that

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I suggest everyone want to bash GW should show us his GW card.
giphy.gif

most people bashing as the ones with no GW card,and they are late to downgrade party and they didn't have to use GW when it first release.
They just trying to be "COOL" and do what other people is doing "hate gw and you are cool"

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to highjack this to ask but since everyone says GW is useless now, is there away to install CFW on a nn3ds 9.2 or lower without a gateway? been waiting for a way without having to buy one of those expensive cartriges to do it with the gateway.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest everyone want to bash GW should show us his GW card.

most people bashing as the ones with no GW card,and they are late to downgrade party and they didn't have to use GW when it first release.
They just trying to be "COOL" and do what other people is doing "hate gw and you are cool"
Um since when should you have to pay money to a company in order to criticize them? I can't criticize Monsanto unless I give them money? Also of course the people who don't like gateway don't have it just like the people who don't like anything else don't buy it.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
well, people get banned by pirating games trough gateway and then gateway became useless, outdated and whatever you want to say, if you don't like gateway nowadays just install luma or whatever you want, people defend gateway to death are same wrong as people who criticize it so hard, if I am not mistaken rednand\emunand stuff were first generated thanks to gateway, you people just flame this forums with useless, meaningless war conversations.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Um since when should you have to pay money to a company in order to criticize them? I can't criticize Monsanto unless I give them money? Also of course the people who don't like gateway don't have it just like the people who don't like anything else don't buy it.
Umm,what?

Since when you need to buy and play a game to criticize it?

DOIOUv3.jpg

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the thing is, the more you tell someone their opinion is wrong, the more they think its right. Im a hypocrite for saying it. I know this, but still. We all do it after getting frustrated once in a while but it doesnt help xD (again being a hypocrite.) The same saying I said in the last gateway post. "Some how everyones opinions all matter at once, yet no ones matters at the same time.
Gateway did start all of this, but they seem to get behind on things that they shouldnt. Like A9LH for instance, they tried their best to push something out that they shouldnt have but they did. Resulting in an unstable release. I have a gateway card and the only 2 things i see that can be above CFW rn is .3ds loading and cheat codes. The only reason gateway can load .3ds files is because the card is used to emulate. CFW has NTR and yes it has been updated for FW 11 but it seems to be a little tedious. So cheat codes are the main thing it mostly is used for by me. I feel CFW has surpassed Gateway in quite a bit. But thats only my "opinion". Lets just let people use their methods of doing things, but show them your way of doing it without being like "mine is wayyyy better than yoir piece of shit entry to a cfw." We all have done it yes, but why continue when it gets us no where?? It pushes them to use their method more when you feel something is better.
~Flame wars GTFO

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm,what?

Since when you need to buy and play a game to criticize it?
Gateway isn't a game. I can know it has issues and is inferior to cfw without using it whereas a game is subjective. Please think.
Edit: let me put it this way. If they were the same price would you rather have anot orange or red sky3ds? How could you choose? You can't say either have any flaws if you don't own them both because you said you need a product to criticize it.

Last edited by bi388,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7XDFstVaHA