Homebrew [PSA] Please stop using RxTools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexlee01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because there hasn't been a release since February doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. If rxTools works for whoever is using it then they don't need to change CFW. You can't just force somebody to use something else just because you don't agree with it is something you shouldn't do, the user should decide that him/herself if he/she wants to or not.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can use Luma3DS with menuhax+ctrbootmanager. The homebrew they give you to launch Luma3DS just loads the Luma3DS.dat file, and you can skip using the HBL by just launching the .dat with CTRBootmanager
The problem is that Luma3ds + a boot manager doesn´t work with smash bros and monster hunter 4 and my friend loves those games

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choice and ignorance of better things aren't the same thing
Should people stop using email providers such as AOL? Yes, they should, but they still should have the choice to use it if they want.

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that Luma3ds + a boot manager doesn´t work with smash bros and monster hunter 4 and my friend loves those games
That's only with A9LH. Menuhax boot with CTRBootmanager doesn't have these issues.

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should people stop using email providers such as AOL? Yes, they should, but they still should have the choice to use it if they want.
AOL is shit and it's a joke. I don't see how anyone could use it regularly without going insane. And that's coming from someone who had to deal with it as their first email service.

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this thread got derailed. Well whatever. I'm keeping my 3DS how it is for now. If for some reason this personally upsets you, oh well.

I can't speak for others but Ive never had a problem with RxTools. If for some reason I do I'll make sure I don't waste you young'ns time

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this thread got derailed. Well whatever. I'm keeping my 3DS how it is for now. If for some reason this personally upsets you, oh well.

I can't speak for others but Ive never had a problem with RxTools. If for some reason I do I'll make sure I don't waste you young'ns time
You will soon™.

Last edited by Pikm,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While rxTools isn't exactly the most up to date, it seems to work out okay enough for some people, so making a thread specifically telling people to jump ship from it seems disingenuous. Use what works for you. That being said, if someone's setting up a system from scratch at this point, I most certainly wouldn't recommend rxTools at this point.

Reactions: Tex_McBladeSword
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol