• The user, not using an open sorce CFW

Votes: 147 38.0%

• Total voters

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get him to downgrade his system settings app on his sysnand instead of using Gateway's messy downgrade option.
what? That option is only for N3ds he has a old 3ds XL. I have a Japan n3ds that i did just that but honestly I still use my Zelda OOT instead because i have trouble getting the MSET exploit to boot into gateway mode most of the time. My C-stick stopped going down thank god i found a replacement part on ebay

Last edited by andre104623,
D

Deleted-236924

I think you need to look into that. 2ds users are still stuck using the browser exploit
2DS users can downgrade system settings just fine. They can even downgrade to the 4.x system settings app, but it is recommended to use the 6.x system settings, because if you happened to so a system format while having the 4.x system settings installed, you end up with a semi-brick.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2DS users can downgrade system settings just fine. They can even downgrade to the 4.x system settings app, but it is recommended to use the 6.x system settings, because if you happened to so a system format while having the 4.x system settings installed, you end up with a semi-brick.
no this is incorrect you can not downgrade a 2ds to 4.x or use cubic ninja/zelda oot to boot gateway mode. This is only for N3ds users O3ds/Xl can downgrade there to 4.x but cannot just downgrade there system settings only n3ds can do that. 2ds/n3ds cannot downgrade 2ds users are stuck on using browser exploit

D

Deleted-236924

no this is incorrect you can not downgrade a 2ds to 4.x or use cubic ninja/zelda oot to boot gateway mode. This is only for N3ds users O3ds/Xl can downgrade there to 4.x but cannot just downgrade there system settings only n3ds can do that. 2ds/n3ds cannot downgrade 2ds users are stuck on using browser exploit
Sure, if you say so.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not entirely true. on O3DS, you can downgrade your system settings (and put rxTools on it) but you can't put GW on it for some reason.
edit or if you can, I would like to know how

Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted-236924

Not entirely true. on O3DS, you can downgrade your system settings (and put rxTools on it) but you can't put GW on it for some reason.
edit or if you can, I would like to know how
Ok I looked into it and that was what I was asking.
You can downgrade MSET but the ROP that GW installs, will NOT work due to different offsets and such.
You can downgrade MSET regardless of 3DS version, it's just it won't work for GW Launcher, should work for rxTools though.

please show me where it says you can downgrade a 2ds firmware to 4.x or use downgraded mset. Downgraded mset only for N3ds the downgrade firmware only for old 3ds/xl
You can't downgrade 2DS to 4.x but you can downgrade to 6.x and still have MSET, just apparently GW MSET exploit only works on actual 4.x which is weird to me. It works for rxTools MSET though.

And tell me, what's so different about the N3DS that the GW MSET exploit would work if you only downgraded system settings, when it doesn't work on O3DS/XL/2DS?

Either way you can use downgraded MSET just fine on O3DS or 2DS. Just I guess it won't work for actually using GW launcher through MSET.

Last edited by ,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Supercard guy 1: "Hmm, well, the new product is going to need 3DS support, we're so behind..."
Supercard guy 2: "Well, why don't we copy Gateway's code to implement it to our product? I mean, that'd be 3DS support."
Supercard guy 1: "Yeah, that doesn't sound to bad. Tell the tech-guys to start ripping red-card code ASAP."

A few days later...

Supercard dev 1: "Shit guys! The 3DSes you bought us for developing that 3DS support got bricked in the process!"
Supercard dev 2: "It's probably some kind of brick-code from Gateway... Remember the old days?"
Supercard guy 1: "I'd better tell the higher-ups immediately!"

A few days later...

Supercard guy 1: "Sir, Gateway has brick-code in their software that does not allow us to progress in our 3DS card development."
Supercard boss: "What was that? I better go and shitpost on the internet immediately!"

A few hours later...

Supercard boss: "There we go, that should do it. Sent Gateway an email."
Email contents: "Hey guys, we are trying to develop our own 3DS card, but because we're lazy shits we decided to rip your code. But, turns out you had some kind of brick-code that screwed us over...
We're trying to copy your code and sell it with our own product, and put nearly no effort in to it. But your bricks are slowing us down. Would
you mind disabling it or telling us how to go around it? Thanks.

A few days later...

Gateway guy 1: "So these guys are ripping our code that we poured our sweat and blood in, can't get it to work in order to sell it for purely their own profit
and then they try and take the piss at us because we made sure it could not be copied."
Gateway guy 2: "Fuck them."

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't think I had to explicitly say everything in order for everyone to understand since the context was already pretty clear to begin with.

But as it was said above:
Gateway O3DS/2DS - Can only use Mset (4.x) and Browser exploit. Any O3DS (9.2 or below obviously) can be downgraded but it needs to be fully and not just Mset. So obviously 2DS are unable to use Mset with Gateway.
Gateway N3DS - Can use Mset exploit (if Mset is downgraded) and CN/OoT exploits.

CFWs O3DS/2DS - Can use plenty of entrypoint as boot method and it doesn't require the firmware to be fully downgraded to use Mset.
CFWs N3DS - Not worth mentioning in this situation.

Last edited by lemanuel,

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I looked into it and that was what I was asking.

You can downgrade MSET regardless of 3DS version, it's just it won't work for GW Launcher, should work for rxTools though.

You can't downgrade 2DS to 4.x but you can downgrade to 6.x and still have MSET, just apparently GW MSET exploit only works on actual 4.x which is weird to me. It works for rxTools MSET though.

And tell me, what's so different about the N3DS that the GW MSET exploit would work if you only downgraded system settings, when it doesn't work on O3DS/XL/2DS?

Either way you can use downgraded MSET just fine on O3DS or 2DS. Just I guess it won't work for actually using GW launcher through MSET.
I didn't think I had to explicitly say everything in order for everyone to understand since the context was already pretty clear to begin with.

But as it was said above:
Gateway O3DS/2DS - Can only use Mset (4.x) and Browser exploit. Any O3DS (9.2 or below obviously) can be downgraded but it needs to be fully and not just Mset. So obviously 2DS are unable to use Mset with Gateway.
Gateway N3DS - Can use Mset exploit (if Mset is downgraded) and CN/OoT exploits.

CFWs O3DS/2DS - Can use plenty of entrypoint as boot method and it doesn't require the firmware to be fully downgraded to use Mset.
CFWs N3DS - Not worth mentioning in this situation.
I wasnt talking about CFW just gateway/supercard. I know the 2ds is limited on entry points with gateway and it seems that people are confused about 2ds thinking that its the same as O3ds which its not

Last edited by andre104623,

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmm, I'm missing some other important options in the list.
Nintendo for releasing the 3ds.;)
The customers, since all of this was made for them with a lot "love"!
No one in particular/No comment! A brick is bad news for everyone, right?!
Humans, since they have some horrible emotions & can be very destructive beings!!!
Aliens?

I mean no one wants to take the blame /likes being blamed right?, so why fighting about who's to blame.xD

As for me I personally think a brick is bad news for everyone, unless you're a tweaker that loves to play with hardware/ someone who loves to repair broken devices etc.!

Reactions: shinyquagsire23

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is GW's fault, they have the brick code.

Sorry, but it made me laugh.

So I create a dangerous thing, then someone steal it from me and it explode at the robber face. You would still say it's my fault when he's the one who stole it? (and if he didn't, it would have never explosed at his face).

It's been a while we know clones can be bricked, if people bought one without checking, it's only their fault. When I buy a copy of someone, I don't except it to work as the original product.

It's even a bigger mistake now that you can download a CFW and avoid to rely on a flashcard.

Everyone who sell a product and who can protect it would do it, seems normal.

Last edited by davhuit,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but it made me laugh.

So I create a dangerous thing, then someone steal it from me and it explode at the robber face. You would still say it's my fault when he's the one who stole it? (and if he didn't, it would have never explosed at his face).

It's been a while we know clones can be bricked, if people bought one without checking, it's only their fault. When I buy a copy of someone, I don't except it to work as the original product.

It's even a bigger mistake now that you can download a CFW and avoid to rely on a flashcard.

Everyone who sell a product and who can protect it would do it, seems normal.

They didn't create something dangerous, and then it got stolen. They had their software emulated/cloned, and then intentionally added brick code so that the consumers who bought their competitors product (Consumers who don't necessarily have in depth knowledge of the goings on of 3DS flashcards) are the ones that suffer the consequences. Gateway is a terrible company. Truly. Considering the business they're in, it probably doesn't matter, but it doesn't make them any better.

Seriously though, just use CFW. Avoids having to deal with the Gateways and Supercards of the world.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol