Hardware PS5 digital HDMI port and mapped the traces that go to the filter.

FXDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
PS5 digital HDMI port and mapped the traces that go to the filter.
Thx Matt Coleman for sharing.

aassssdddd.jpg Y01vKKH.png

Last edited by FXDX,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool I guess. What is it useful for? For when the kids decide to rip the PS4 down off the TV and I have to bridge traces? Is it an unpopulated port? A custom port?

Reactions: FXDX and KiiWii

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool I guess. What is it useful for? For when the kids decide to rip the PS4 down off the TV and I have to bridge traces? Is it an unpopulated port? A custom port?
Because it was one of the most common PS4 failures, and appears to use a similar chip, if not identical. It's super useful for when the inevitable "no hdmi signal" issues start pouring in...for those that have soldering skills, this is invaluable information!

Reactions: ita54 and FXDX

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
COMPARE.png
I just compared ps4 slim/pro pads with ps5. It is 1pin off to right/left. wonder $ONY purposely done this or hdmi2.1 making that much different....
Anyone see replacement port can buy? or maybe just build a fpc pads relocator to use ps4 slim port in alternative.

Last edited by jkyoho,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! do you by chance know if there's a difference between the filter in the digital and disc ps5 versions?
HAHA, funny enough I just got a digital ver PS5 in today. The HDMI choke filters are same dimension as the disc one.

FYI, recently I replaced a couple of PS5's HDMI port, same port bought from same supplier but after replacement, the port/cable become quite sensitive from swinging or touching,signal lost and came back on. Double, triple checked on the soldering work, all perfect. If you dont do anything to the cable connecting, if works just fine. No idea why this start happening.

Last edited by jkyoho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks