PS4 & Vita remote play, both jailbroken

yaum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I've got a jailbroken Vita, which has been connected to my PSN account, and activated. I'd like to use remote play with my 6.72 PS4, which has never been activated.
I've been searching on how to make it work, and found a lot on how to activate an account on the Vita (already done in my case), but not a lot on the PS4 for this purpose.

Modded Warfare posted a video to do just that:

I followed his tutorial to get the PSN account number from PSN website, and managed to get the activation via PS4 offline activator.
The account is activated now, and I can reach the configuration panel for remote control, but when I try to link PS4 & Vita by providing the number given by the PS4, I get a message saying I used the number of another user.

I tripled checked the number I get from PSN, without luck. Would you have a suggestion to debunk me?

I found similar topics, but not describing exactly what I experienced, so I created a new one...

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I set up my vitas with a 6.72 bit I'm pretty sure this is all you have left.

You have to run an exploit.
I believe some goldhen enable remote play (2.1.1 says it does for instance).
If goldhen doesn't allow your vita to connect, try the stand alone remote play exploit.

After running a payload that allows remote play, then set it up a remote play device on the PS4.

This is nightkinghost's 6.72 exploit page. It offers goldhen 2.1.1 and I think that alone works - but if not this page also provides the remote play payload (do either after jailbreak).

https://nightkinghost.com/672/
ea551326ae3db250f2279c1177eda555.jpg

Aside:
9.00 is amazing. I highly suggest it if your 6.72 crashes.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, once connected to a ps4 on a vita, you won't have to do it every time you exploit - just the first time.

Once "remote paired", I've used my vita to remote log-in, then exploit, and then run games.

yaum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, once connected to a ps4 on a vita, you won't have to do it every time you exploit - just the first time.

Once "remote paired", I've used my vita to remote log-in, then exploit, and then run games.
You're the man! It worked immediately. Thanks!
The remote video throughput is not impressive, which should be due to the poor wifi performance of my Vita 1000. An icon is displayed all the time upper left, meaning that connection is having trouble. Anyways, it's good to have it working :)

Aside: my 6.72 is very stable, no crash and payload hits the target nearly 100%. I'm a bit afraid of potential problems linked to migration (external HDD exfat / with links) + kids are used to this exact jailbreak :)

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're the man! It worked immediately. Thanks!
The remote video throughput is not impressive, which should be due to the poor wifi performance of my Vita 1000. An icon is displayed all the time upper left, meaning that connection is having trouble. Anyways, it's good to have it working :)

Aside: my 6.72 is very stable, no crash and payload hits the target nearly 100%. I'm a bit afraid of potential problems linked to migration (external HDD exfat / with links) + kids are used to this exact jailbreak :)
Best to have your ps4 connected to the router using Ethernet (or to an Ethernet switch).

Have your 2.4ghz wifi router within visual sight of the vita.

Vita is not as good as Android over 5ghz wifi (chiaki 720p), or through the PSTV over Ethernet (720p).

I don't find chiaki very fun 1080p over 5ghz, maybe wifi 6 will be better. 1080p is pretty good over Android Ethernet though.

Don't ever do Bluetooth controller + wifi... Bleh.

Reactions: Mo Poge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good price. I like XFX graphics cards.