PS4 survey asks if you want options to change PSN ID, have PS2 classics, and more

2955787-8284038279-14458.jpg

Sony has just put out a survey that asks PS4 users what important features they'd like to see added to the system. The questions range from if players want PS1 and PS2 classics, custom backgrounds, and the ability to change your PSN ID. Seems like Sony is listening to fan feedback.

At this time, the survey appears to be "invite only".

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

I can play Bloodborne on Facebook?
Yea, I hear it's the best version, Miiverse version dumbed the graphics down so much that all the enemies are just little green 2D men, and even then they sometimes crash the game and make it inoperable.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Does PS4 have a CD-ROM drive to read PS1 discs?

Not that it excuses the lack of emulation. PS3 included a PS1 emulator at launch in 2006.
It has BD-drive, meaning that drive itself should play basically any optical media (excluding HD-DVD). It's then all up to the software what it accepts and what it can use.

I would actually see PS2 compatibility being really good selling point for some. After all, that system was so widespread it's hard to not find games for it even this day and many may have huge library available. Then the fact that PS3 didn't have backwards compatibility so legit ways to play those games are really limited to mostly second hand stuff. Playing those games with similar more modern controller with HDMI output and possibility to record the gameplay? Also at this point, I would say that PS1 compatibility should be childs play to implement for them and that would be really good customer end feature as they are also selling tons of stuff which is compatible with PSP, Vita and PS3 already.

Because even now PS4 lacks TONS of features that PS3 had to make it viable living room center piece. At least having it to play tons of more games, even if they are older ones, would rise the value of having that machine. Nintendo and Microsoft have already gotten this, even though Microsofts emulation isn't up to the par.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has BD-drive, meaning that drive itself should play basically any optical media (excluding HD-DVD). It's then all up to the software what it accepts and what it can use.

I would actually see PS2 compatibility being really good selling point for some. After all, that system was so widespread it's hard to not find games for it even this day and many may have huge library available. Then the fact that PS3 didn't have backwards compatibility so legit ways to play those games are really limited to mostly second hand stuff. Playing those games with similar more modern controller with HDMI output and possibility to record the gameplay? Also at this point, I would say that PS1 compatibility should be childs play to implement for them and that would be really good customer end feature as they are also selling tons of stuff which is compatible with PSP, Vita and PS3 already.

Because even now PS4 lacks TONS of features that PS3 had to make it viable living room center piece. At least having it to play tons of more games, even if they are older ones, would rise the value of having that machine. Nintendo and Microsoft have already gotten this, even though Microsofts emulation isn't up to the par.
lets hope sony understands this i'm interested to see what the next move is will it be digital classics only or discs as well

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system