PS4 survey asks if you want options to change PSN ID, have PS2 classics, and more

2955787-8284038279-14458.jpg

Sony has just put out a survey that asks PS4 users what important features they'd like to see added to the system. The questions range from if players want PS1 and PS2 classics, custom backgrounds, and the ability to change your PSN ID. Seems like Sony is listening to fan feedback.

At this time, the survey appears to be "invite only".

:arrow: Source

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ALL OF THE MOTHERFUCKING ABOVE

This is literally the entire list of what PS customers have been clamoring for since the launch of the PS4. And if they are talking about PS2 Classics...they better give us the option of getting the PS2 games we bought on PS3 for FREE. I ain't doing that upgrade shit they pulled on the Vita in japan

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
1) PS2 classics
2) PS1 classics
3) Friend online notification
4) Appear offline mode
5) Folders

The rest i dont care about or are not important but these 5 ^ NEED to happen.

Reactions: Chary

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country

Sony has just put out a survey that asks PS4 users what important features they'd like to see added to the system. The questions range from if players want PS1 and PS2 classics, custom backgrounds, and the ability to change your PSN ID. Seems like Sony is listening to fan feedback.

At this time, the survey appears to be "invite only".

:arrow: Source

Sony is basically making the same thing Microsoft did with "How many 360 games do you want on the XONE?" ALL OF THEM!, hell, if Sony launched a program where could read original PS1 & PS2 discs, that would be tits, considering the console is powerful enough to do those things, and to actually justify a little more buying a PS4 since you know, it's a console that is 40% Remasters, 20% Ports, 18% Indie games, 12% New AAA games, with half of those, being the sequel of an already existing franchise.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... the feature with the most votes will be coming to the PS4 before the end of its life cycle? :mellow:

When it comes to supporting their consoles, Sony really let themselves go after the launch of the Vita...

...it's a console that is 40% Remasters, 20% Ports, 18% Indie games, 12% New AAA games, with half of those, being the sequel of an already existing franchise.

I'm curious what the remaining 10% are. Please tell me.

Last edited by Axido,

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony is basically making the same thing Microsoft did with "How many 360 games do you want on the XONE?" ALL OF THEM!, hell, if Sony launched a program where could read original PS1 & PS2 discs, that would be tits, considering the console is powerful enough to do those things, and to actually justify a little more buying a PS4 since you know, it's a console that is 40% Remasters, 20% Ports, 18% Indie games, 12% New AAA games, with half of those, being the sequel of an already existing franchise.

Iv been praying for this to happen since i got my PS4. If they did this, the console war would be over. Sony would destroy anything microsoft could do in retaliation. 360 had a huge collection of games and them announcing certain BC was great but if sony put the ability to play original copies of PS1 and PS2 discs. Holy hell, id have a nerdgasm and immediately boot up some Crash Bandicoot to celebrate.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Iv been praying for this to happen since i got my PS4. If they did this, the console war would be over. Sony would destroy anything microsoft could do in retaliation. 360 had a huge collection of games and them announcing certain BC was great but if sony put the ability to play original copies of PS1 and PS2 discs. Holy hell, id have a nerdgasm and immediately boot up some Crash Bandicoot to celebrate.

I dunno. Is it really still such a big deal to play PS2 games on other hardware? I mean, the PS3 had this to some extent, my PC can do it... and in a few years certain tablet PCs might pull this off as well.

Reactions: Margen67

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country

That should be the main point of today consoles, if with the Wii U is possible to play Wii Games, and (with Homebrew) Gamecube games, as well the rest of the consoles, why Sony shouldn't have his own method to play games from older consoles?, the fanbase of the PS1 & the PS2 is still strong, much more the latter, and both are consoles that satisfy consumers in multiple ways, having a way to play these without buying the console, but only the games, that are mostly dirt cheap would be a genius tactic.

Let's just wait until Sony decides to do something smart, also, Legend of Dragoon 2 would be a fantastic brilliant idea, I hope Sony can get working on that shit someday.

I dunno. Is it really still such a big deal to play PS2 games on other hardware? I mean, the PS3 had this to some extent, my PC can do it... and in a few years certain tablet PCs might pull this off as well.

Because emulation is illegal, and glitchy, the PS2 doesn't have stable emulators to begin with, even as of now, mostly for the faulty code, and lack of interest afterwards, that's why many people are still forced to buy a PS2, and even if Tablets managed to make PS2 emulation, it would be bad as hell.

Last edited by Demifiend,

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Notifications when friends come online - Why is this a question?
PS2 Classics - Why is this a question?
Folders - Why is this a question?
PS1 Classics - Why is this a question?
'Appear Offline' mode - Why is this a question?
Hiding/deleting items from library - Why is this a question?
Filtering options in the library - Why is this a question?
Avatars for PS4 - Why is this a question? Also why not for Vita too?
Custom Backgrounds - Meh
Store Wishlist - Why is this a question?
Increase May no. of people in party - Dunno, what's the current cap?
Change PSN ID - Why is this a question?

tl;dr Most of the stuff they're asking should already be there.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES to all of them except "None of these"!!! Hell, for PSOne and PS2 classics via emulation, add support to play actual discs!! I'll be checking my email through the next few days to take this survey if I'm actually invited to. It should be an open survey, because they won't be able to give what EVERYONE wants that way.

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's going to be a sony scam trying to gouge money out of their customers to pay again for old games. PS2 classics should give the option to use actual ps2 discs at least as a key as Microsoft is doing with 360 emulation on the Xbox One.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the option to tell them to fuck off with the PSNow shit? I would be like a kid in a tall city elevator with that survey, pushing all the tick boxes, EXCEPT for maybe, more people in a party. I am pretty sure Xbox live had support for 8< people in a party and it makes things crazy after a while. Not to mention, hard for LiVE to keep up.

I am ok buying old games again from the store. I really dont wanna get my ps2 out again to play the classics, if i dont have to.

Reactions: Chary

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah, all of those things really. It's not like we are asking for the world on a plate!
I get that PS1/PS2 classics will take time, but the rest of the stuff should be in by now by default. Sucks that the PS3 still has more features in it's shitty OS than the PS4!
yeah playstation classics will take time but come on, "notification when someone goes online" and "hide remove items from library"
that is just a few lines of code.... so simple it would be easier than making the survey...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative