Hacking PS4 Pro on 4.55. Is there any way I can install a free app?

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am not new to modding but I am new to the PS4.

I have a PS4 Pro on 4.55. There's a free app I would like for it, but I obviously cannot connect my PS4 to PSN to download it. Is there any way to get it on my system?

Also kind of off topic but is there any way to use remote play with a modded PS4? I don't care about playing games online or multiplayer; I just wanted to know if I can utilize remote play (on a Vita or Android) with a modded console.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Tilde88

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am not new to modding but I am new to the PS4.

I have a PS4 Pro on 4.55. There's a free app I would like for it, but I obviously cannot connect my PS4 to PSN to download it. Is there any way to get it on my system?

Also kind of off topic but is there any way to use remote play with a modded PS4? I don't care about playing games online or multiplayer; I just wanted to know if I can utilize remote play (on a Vita or Android) with a modded console.

Thanks in advance!

I think remote play relies on an activation being made through psn, or online, so until a payload comes out for lower than latest FW+RP (RemotePlay) its not happening just yet.

As for free apps: what app is it?

If it can be found on the orbis modding database or CUSA look up you might just be able to install it as it wont require a license to run.... maybe?

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think remote play relies on an activation being made through psn, or online, so until a payload comes out for lower than latest FW+RP (RemotePlay) its not happening just yet.

As for free apps: what app is it?

If it can be found on the orbis modding database or CUSA look up you might just be able to install it as it wont require a license to run.... maybe?

Thanks so much for your contribution to this forum as always.

The app is called Littlestar. Is it on that orbis modding database or CUSA that you mentioned?

Reactions: KiiWii

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can only install apps that have been dumped on a jailbroken PS4. There's currently no way to access PSN except updating to the latest firmware, which I guess is something you want to avoid. So, depending on the app you are looking for, you might have a chance.

Regarding Remote Play there is only one solution so far and it also includes updating the console.
You need to have logged into a PSN account once on the console in order to get Remote Play to work. There might be a payload in the future to remove that recommendation, but for now there is no other way.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited by Axido,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks so much for your contribution to this forum as always.

The app is called Littlestar. Is it on that orbis modding database or CUSA that you mentioned?

CUSA-06120 = US
CUSA-06742 = EU

And yes the PKG is on Orbismodding.com.

It probably wont though as it says MANDATORY UPDATE 5.05

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CUSA-06120 = US
CUSA-06742 = EU

Damn! Thanks anyway! Hopefully the 5.05 hack comes soon! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

CUSA-06120 = US
CUSA-06742 = EU

How did you find the package name by the way?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

CUSA-06120 = US
CUSA-06742 = EU

How did you find the package name by the way?

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another app just came up; the Playroom VR one. I want to get this. It's free, but I can't connect to the PSN store obviously. Is there anywhere to download this PKG? I've looked everywhere.

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a way to get stuff from psn store by using a pc web browser. i did this to add the Littlstar app to my cart, then dug around to find the download link. Even got the app to install on my ps4, but it needed to connect to PSN to open. Kinda the same thing going on with the media player app, needs to phone home first to work.
So basically, until we have tools to extract official password protected apps, or a way to access the ps store without updating, looks like this kinda thing will be a no go

Last edited by DarkJediRey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...