Hacking PS4 5.05 - CE 30005-8 (Data Corrupted) HEN/MIRA

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just curious what games wouldn't run for you, I have one game that came up as corrupted, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT.
I know for sure the games aren't corrupted
I thought this at first but on my brother's PS4 and on a friend's one (the same packages, since I installed the games on their consoles) run just fine.

The games that don't work are "relative", and by that I mean that, if I install them as the 3rd or 4th game installed
They don't work.
If I install them first (after an initialization) they work like charm

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for sure the games aren't corrupted
I thought this at first but on my brother's PS4 and on a friend's one (the same packages, since I installed the games on their consoles) run just fine.

The games that don't work are "relative", and by that I mean that, if I install them as the 3rd or 4th game installed
They don't work.
If I install them first (after an initialization) they work like charm

You can try a full wipe if you dont care about what you installed so far, the thing is unless the game is marked tested, it might not be a good dump.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to note when you get a crash sometime a game might get corrupted, depending how often you get kernel panic.

Havok10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys arent listening to the OP.

He installs Game 1, Game 2, Game 3 and then Game 4.

Game 3/4 get the error.

He installs Game 4, Game 3. Game 2, Game1 then Game 2/1 get the error.

Its the hard drive. If its a 500GB hard drive after he fills up the first 30GB (for example) he gets an error.

Has nothing to do with the packages. Its more important to know if it is an OEM hard drive or is it something someone else installed.

I have seen this issue with Fake SD cards. They say they have a 64GB capacity but really only have 16GB. Anything written after the first 16GB would be corrupt.

Last edited by Havok10,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Game 3/4 get the error.

Its the hard drive. If its a 500GB hard drive after he fills up the first 30GB (for example) he gets an error.

Has nothing to do with the packages. Its more important to know if it is an OEM hard drive or is it something someone else installed.

I have seen this issue with Fake SD cards. They say they have a 64GB capacity but really only have 16GB. Anything written after the first 16GB would be corrupt.

There aren't a lot bootleg HDD compare to bootleg SD, only thing is for sure if his drive is faulty / bad sector. Name brand HDD doesnt do that, and the default HDD come with the PS4 doesnt do that.

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Game 3/4 get the error.

The HDD is genuine I guess (just removed it)
Want to wipe it with my PC.
How should I do this?
Classic way with Windows tools or any particular tool?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The HDD is genuine I guess (just removed it)
Want to wipe it with my PC.
How should I do this?
Classic way with Windows tools or any particular tool?

Connect the drive to the PC, go to Administrative tools, then computer management , under disk management you should be able to see the drive with a bunch of partitions. You can delete all the partition and reformat it, and then use the recovery file to reinstall PS4 os.

Try this if you are on windows.

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Connect the drive to the PC, go to Administrative tools, then computer management , under disk management you should be able to see the drive with a bunch of partitions. You can delete all the partition and reformat it, and then use the recovery file to reinstall PS4 os.

Try this if you are on windows.

Got it
Thank you
I'll tell you if this works

P.S. Any tool to check for bad sectors?

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it doesn't show up as a drive (C:, D:, and so on)
It shows up in the Disk Manager but nothing else.
I guess I have to wipe it first (I only deleted the partitions, now I'll format it)

Yes you have to delete all the partitions on that drive first then format it, then run the disk check.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might take a while (I want to do a FULL wipe, like the very complete one)
I'll keep in touch.
Thanks for your help

The longest part about the whole process is deleting the 15 partitions that sony decided to create on the hdd. Everything else after that is actually pretty quick.
Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Edit:
On another note there is really no point in doing a chkdsk on the drive once you wipe it as it will take hours and since you will be reformatting it in the ps4 any errors it finds on the file system and actually fixes will be wiped out of the partition table/mbr and will have no effect on ps4 use.

Last edited by fringle,

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The longest part about the whole process is deleting the 15 partitions that sony decided to create on the hdd. Everything else after that is actually pretty quick.
Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Edit:
On another note there is really no point in doing a chkdsk on the drive once you wipe it as it will take hours and since you will be reformatting it in the ps4 any errors it finds on the file system and actually fixes will be wiped out of the partition table/mbr and will have no effect on ps4 use.

So after wiping it I should just put it back in my PS4?
I'm using EaseUS Partiti on
I set the wipe level to 1 since I want something good but not extreme (I don't think a level 10, who might take days long will make any difference)

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after wiping it I should just put it back in my PS4?
I'm using EaseUS Partiti on
I set the wipe level to 1 since I want something good but not extreme (I don't think a level 10, who might take days long will make any difference)

I would just do a quick format on it. There is no point doing a full format or zero wipe as all that does is tax the drive even more and really there isn't any data left on it. I'm pretty sure the hdd is SMART capable so if there were any errors recorded in the controller of the drive it would display that the drive failed SMART test when your computer booted up with it attached, assuming you attached it to the motherboard sata controller and not via usb enclosure. By removing the partitions and doing a quick format you are doing more than enough to remove all traces of corrupted data from the drive.

EDIT:
If you are in windows and want to check the SMART status of the drive you can use a program such as CrystalDiskInfo to display it and it should give you a good indication of the drives overall health.

Last edited by fringle,
Reactions: Sergi8

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would just do a quick format on it. There is no point doing a full format or zero wipe as all that does is tax the drive even more and really there isn't any data left on it. I'm pretty sure the hdd is SMART capable so if there were any errors recorded in the controller of the drive it would display that the drive failed SMART test when your computer booted up with it attached, assuming you attached it to the motherboard sata controller and not via usb enclosure. By removing the partitions and doing a quick format you are doing more than enough to remove all traces of corrupted data from the drive.

EDIT:
If you are in windows and want to check the SMART status of the drive you can use a program such as CrystalDiskInfo to display it and it should give you a good indication of the drives overall health.

I have attached it through USB on a notebook (don't have any desktops here)
So I guess I'll install the program you are talking about and will check
Thanks for all these tips

Reactions: fringle

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT:

It depends if he wants the drive completely check for bad sector or not, if not he can do the quick format, as it doesn't fix the bad sector if he has any, when the system crash, it creates data corruption leaving bad sector if the system has crashed too many times. Even for corrupted games for me I was able to reinstalled and the game was working again. For future , I recommend using stooged DB_SG_Backup @Sergi8

Last edited by Hayato213,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends if he wants the drive completely check for bad sector or not, if not he can do the quick format, as it doesn't fix the bad sector if he has any, when the system crash, it creates data corruption leaving bad sector if the drive has crashed too many times. Even for corrupted games for me I was able to reinstalled and the game was working again. For future , I recommend using stooged DB_SG_Backup @Sergi8

But even a chkdsk, yes it will fix the bad sector and write the info to the MBR of the drive but as soon as he puts it in the ps4 and it formats it, the MBR and the error location of the bad sectors if any are found are overwritten. Thus making the whole process a big waste of time.
EDIT:
And that's why I suggested checking the SMART status of the drive cause if any bad sectors were detected by the hard drive controller they would show in CrystalDiskInfo as being remapped.

Last edited by fringle,

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It depends if he wants the drive completely check for bad sector or not, if not he can do the quick format, as it doesn't fix the bad sector if he has any, when the system crash, it creates data corruption leaving bad sector if the system has crashed too many times. Even for corrupted games for me I was able to reinstalled and the game was working again. For future , I recommend using stooged DB_SG_Backup @Sergi8

I've done this for my savegames but as far as I know we still don't have the tools to restore the data
It's on 60% now and it's been almost 2/3 hours (the wiping thing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: