Hacking Ps4 4.55, where to begin for playing backups?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be a reason to make a copy of the app.db. does the content disappear if you rebuild the database? I'm unsure on that one since you can use an external hdd on that firmware. I think it causes a problem on the vita with ur0.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that would be a reason to make a copy of the app.db. does the content disappear if you rebuild the database? I'm unsure on that one since you can use an external hdd on that firmware. I think it causes a problem on the vita with ur0.

Yeah rebuild DB seems to rebuild without showing fake signed content, it just hides it on xmb :/

I back mine up (and addcont.db) after each game install.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2TB that I use just for updates and a couple of PKG files, ironically it was a Xbox gamebox or something expansion drive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does work, you install game to internal, ftp to external, rename folder to game ID, edit db to look at usb... its a ballache but yeh... no need for copy in internal too.

I will write it up Monday and add to the guide.

Personally I just delete games I dont want to play now, and have a A-M folder and a L-Z folder for organized (ocd organised) alpha-alphabetised games.

OK, cool. I wonder why folks over there couldn't get it to work or maybe it works better now with 4.55??

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to bust open my new(ish) PS4 Pro and try it out with that.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah rebuild DB seems to rebuild without showing fake signed content, it just hides it on xmb :/

I back mine up (and addcont.db) after each game install.

that's what I do on the vita as well. I also make a NAND backup and backup my sd card with each game install on the 3ds. and, I backup each ticket after an install on the wii u with tik2sd. lol I think the hdd in my ps3 is dying, so I need to get that content off of there. I did backup the hdd including the mms folder, but it's an old backup with two folders that couldn't be deleted. I reformatted the hdd, and now they're those folders are gone. :D the ps3 has an indexer as well, but it's not called app.db. I forgot the name of it, but it has db in the name and it's in the mms folder. :P

xenosys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would be interesting to see it in action, as it didn't look like anyone could get it working on the PSXHax thread posted a while back on 4.05 FW.

Reactions: Mo Poge

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the the app.db mod is possible. in fact, I changed my app.db on the vita to read a pboot instead of the eboot for use with ark I believe. it did in fact work. that information is stored in the appinfo table while the icon and name of the games are stored in the appicon table. I'm sure the ps4 is similar.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries.. baby...

Im saying its pretty much on par with 4.05 now thanks to the hard work of devs to port payloads.

4.55 means a few more games open up to is to be able to play without patching.

Wait, you can patch games to work on lower firmwares?

I am dying to play Doom VR which came with my Playstation VR headset, but I am on 4.55. How would I patch the game to run it on 4.55?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Hammyface

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I am not looking to dump it, just legally play my retail disc on my 4.55 PS4 Pro without having to upgrade the firmware.

You would have to dump it to lower the fw requirements.

The other way is to spoof FW up to latest and hope SDK requorements for the game disc aren't higher than the FW yours actually on (4.55).. however spoofing is not available right now....

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The other way is to spoof FW up to latest and hope SDK requorements for the game disc aren't higher than the FW yours actually on (4.55).. however spoofing is not available right now....

Ah OK, I think I get it. You cannot dump games that are on a higher firmware? That's actually kind of interesting. I would have figured it's just reading data from the disc!

Wait now I am even more confused. I found a Doom VFR ps4 rip somewhere. How was it ripped if a hack for 5.x is not out yet?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah OK, I think I get it. You cannot dump games that are on a higher firmware? That's actually kind of interesting. I would have figured it's just reading data from the disc!

Wait now I am even more confused. I found a Doom VFR ps4 rip somewhere. How was it ripped if a hack for 5.x is not out yet?

Just to reply out of PM:

If its dumped recently its playable on 4.55.

To date there are no 5.x dumps in the wild.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1