Hacking PS4 4.05 Exploit Hype???

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

Technically, "jailbreaking" is a term associated with iOS.
Many people (especially ill informed) have started to associate it with general hacking and exploiting.

"HOW 2 JAILBREAK WII U" "How do i jailbreak xbox" etc etc.

Same can be said for people who say "kernal instead of kernel"
But that's just nitpicking.

But yes, There's a kernel exploit on 1.76 which allows us to run Linux.
However, there's no backup tool or ANY modification of the game OS publicly known.
So, again, running linux is useless for people who want to pirate.
All they care about is running pirated games and not the interesting security side (or the homebrew side)
I honestly wonder if I change the names of my YouTube videos from "How to hack Wii U" to "How to jailbreak Wii U" how many more thousands of hits I can get?

"How to JAILBREAK PS2 emulator 1080p HD XXXTREEEEME [NO SURVEYS]"

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly wonder if I change the names of my YouTube videos from "How to hack Wii U" to "How to jailbreak Wii U" how many more thousands of hits I can get?

"How to JAILBREAK PS2 emulator 1080p HD XXXTREEEEME [NO SURVEYS]"

10k minimum.

Reactions: Ericzander

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Ive got like 30 games, when this exploit become available i'll just sell my current ps4 + all games and get another new one plus a 4tb drive for loading backups, not going to miss out on some overwatch in the mean time though

Hahahaa best answer, bro

Anyone got an idea of when this PS4 exploit/hack/backup runner gets released?
Also is there one for the PS3 Yet???

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
1. No
2. Yes

Does the PS3 one work for all versions?
Does it let you play emulators on it?
Is Jailbreaking essentially like hacking a console?
is there a way I can find a list on jailbreaked PS3s?
Can you store games on a seperate USB also and is it easy to jailnbreak the PS3?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ps3 can only be jailbroke. On phat models and some of the slims. To Check there's a mock update you can run that'll tell you what the lowest firmware it Can use. If it can use the 3.55 firmware or lower you can jailbreak but if on higher than 3.55 you'll have to hard mod with a flasher to downgrade the system to 3.55 before the hack can be installed. Once on a jailbroken firmware you can install and use a wide variety of homebrews including emulators. You can also run games from an external storage device or the internal drive. You can also play psone backups pretty well. Some ps2 and PSP games can be played to on a cobra enabled firmware such as rebug. Linux is possible too.

Last edited by mikey420,

dub9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't he the guy that caused a lot of drama in the ps3 scene a few years ago?
Yeah, this is the guy who caused a lot of ruckus both in the ps3 and psp scene. I advice everyone to take his status updates with a truckload of salt.

D

Deleted User

Technically, "jailbreaking" is a term associated with iOS.
Many people (especially ill informed) have started to associate it with general hacking and exploiting.

"HOW 2 JAILBREAK WII U" "How do i jailbreak xbox" etc etc.

Same can be said for people who say "kernal instead of kernel"
But that's just nitpicking.

But yes, There's a kernel exploit on 1.76 which allows us to run Linux.
However, there's no backup tool or ANY modification of the game OS publicly known.
So, again, running linux is useless for people who want to pirate.
All they care about is running pirated games and not the interesting security side (or the homebrew side)
Can't the ps4 also run steam games? That's basically the only advantage so far.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny to see how people react to possibility of a "JAILBREAK" For a firmware they don't have hax for already especially with the idea of POSSIBILITY since the recent ones has just been reported and probably patched by sony on new firmwares. What are the chances that new firmware won't get hacks or downgrades? Many consoles have this potential.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when Wii-u iosuhax kept getting teased and only a few people/devs had it? Everyone kept getting frustrated and asking where it was and why no one would just release it but then a lot of people just finally got angry and said f**k it and gave up on it. Then what seemed like a year later all of the wii hax all over the place just popped out of oblivion. Seems awful familiar here...lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Fail0verflow have worked on a port of Arch Linux including the new drivers for the PS4 GPU, hence Steam works. I believe this has even been pushed into the Arch Linux upstream, and works on both 1.76 and the private 4.05 exploit.

But that doesn't mean the exploit is only useful for running Linux. It means that this is the only thing that people have publically done yet.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Just to save everyone a long story and a new thread, I'll just ask a question here:
Is there ANY reason to keep a PS4 pro on 4.06? Any reason at all besides the usual "the lower FW you are, the higher the chances in the future"

I mean, I'm only looking to update to download a couple of apps from psn, which says that requires 4.07 (like YouTube).. So if there is any reason why I should stay, I'll stay.

Edit: Screw it. Updated

Last edited by Madridi,
Reactions: peteruk

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Honestly, I cringe every time somebody uses the word 'jailbreak' to refer to anything but iOS exploiting.
isn't ps4 based on freebsd which actually contains things called 'jails', which need to be hacked/broken in order to get our nice hacks and control the system? (a bit rhetorical, sorry) :)

so the term jailbreak is pretty good here actually, as long as a 'jail' is being broken.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: