RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When I say that GC and N64 were failures, I talk about sells.
I had a N64, and my favorite game of all time is Super Mario 64, but it's undeniable that PS1 outsold N64.
The same way PS2 outsold GC.

If third party developers don't support WiiU, it may come to a failure in term of sells, and this is why Nintendo is trying to have third party support.

Both were not successful because of the non-support of third party developers. Third party developers didn't support because of the limited space of the media in both.
Wich means that your sentence ("the thing that held them back was the media format they decided to use") is right in a indirect way.

The most part of high quality third party games weren't supported by Wii because of it's weaker hardware, that's all I'm saying.

I don't see why you question such facts
So, by that logic you would have to agree that 360 and PS3 are both failures because the Wii has outsold both by a lot more than a few. Also both the PS1 and PS2 also had hardware revisions which always boosts sales, not to mention the PS2 doubled as a DVD player. High quality 3rd party titles don't always translate to sales of hardware as is clearly the case with the Wii.

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
which always boosts sales, not to mention the PS2 doubled as a DVD player. High quality 3rd party titles don't always translate to sales of hardware as is clearly the case with the Wii.

Yes, judging by the selling point, we can consider X360 and PS3 failures.
This also proves itself with Sony and Microsoft adding movement sensor features

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1