Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my friend is selling me his PS3 Phat for $130/180 [don't really remember]. should i jump on the deal and get it ? what kind of issues are there to expect between the Phat and the Slim ? he hardly used it first of all and he is also throwing in 2 controllers and possibly some games he has for PS3 [i know he has MW2 for sure]. can i play games from Japan on it ? if so , that'd be great !

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would jump on the deal regardless of what version it was and he barely used it which is good
and yes all PS3's are region free, all games from any territory will work on any system (Blu-ray movies, DVD movies, PS2 and PS1 games are not region free)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The biggest risk I know of is that the phat consoles are more likely to YLOD. That's fixable though, and many repair shops offer the service. PS3 games also are not region locked (as far as I am aware), so you should be good to go there.

For everything you're getting, seems like a pretty good deal. If it's a backwards compatible model, I would hop on that in a heart beat. Being able to play PS2 games on the PS3 has to be nice.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what about over heating ? one of my friends was complaining before about his PS3 Phat over heating then switching over to a Slim and not having that problem anymore ?

great news about the region free games ! though $100 does seem like too much for Tales of Xillia so i may just end up waiting >_>

i am sure it is a backwards compatible model . he even told me himself "it plays PS2 games since i know you want to try out Kingdom Hearts" xD

EDIT: slims are going for $250 . i don't know if my friend will still his PS3 by Christmas, but i am also wondering if you guys think the price will drop from $250 to $200 at either Christmas or for Boxing day?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the price was just lowered to $250 from $300
dont expect another price drop for at least another year

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black Friday is coming up so new Slims will comes with different stuff from games to accessories, if you can wait another 2 months.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
my friend is selling me his PS3 Phat for $130/180 [don't really remember]. should i jump on the deal and get it ? what kind of issues are there to expect between the Phat and the Slim ? he hardly used it first of all and he is also throwing in 2 controllers and possibly some games he has for PS3 [i know he has MW2 for sure]. can i play games from Japan on it ? if so , that'd be great !

If he is your friend.. He should sell it to you for 100 dollars because PS3 Phat is very old or FREE. My brother's friend had a Timberland boots (cost 150 dollars) because he dont wear it much and could sell it to him for cheaper but gave to him for FREE instead.. What a generous friend he was!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc