Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.areyougoingtostalkme.wtf
XP
Country
Japan
hey there Forum!:D
So does the offline method of exploiting the PS3 give it an IP-Adress?

I think it uses a PC as Host but you still need to use the PS3-Browser for it to work... I actually do not want my PS3 getting an IP Adress:] and I am going to use MrMario instructions
Any experience out there?

Some Info:
PS3 Chech-4204C
Version 4.80
IP-Adress -
Modell PS3 Super Slim

P.S.: Please no Mod Chips! :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's like the ps4, you need to type in the ip address of your pc using xampp (remember to enable apache) or your phone (kws is good). you have to be signed into the same network though.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So this must give my PS3 an IP-Adress right?:unsure: no was around it?

I think you're misunderstanding some things, "giving" an ip adress isn't something bad at all, everytime you connect a device to your local network it'll get a local ip adress which make your device accessible on your local network.

In most cases you'll have a NAT router and so your device can access internet but devices from internet can't access to your device, you could say it's protected so there's no risk of being hacked or something like that till you don't change port forwarding.

Now, if you really don't want your PS3 to access internet for whatever reason, you can still hack it:
  • Download everything you need for the hack (server + files)
  • Disconnect your routeur ethernet, check it's correctly done by trying to reach a site like youtube on your PC
  • Connect your PS3 to your local network
  • Run the web server on your PC and do the hack (you can get the PC ip adress by typing
    Code:
    ipconfig
    in a cmd)
  • Disconnect your PS3 from your local network
  • Reconnect your routeur ethernet
If you don't have a way to connect your PS3 to your local network (even with wifi?) you can always use a mobile network wifi share and either find a working http server on your phone or also connect a laptop to it with all the files required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright