Hardware PS3 Dead?

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 60gb Launch PS3 with Kmeaw 3.55 installed and upgraded 750gb hdd. Everything has been fine till today i was playing gran turismo 5 and when i wanted to switch games i tried to exit back to the XMB and it froze at that screen so i held the power button down till it turned off. Now every time i turn it on the xmb glitches and it freezes and sometimes i dont get any signal at all in the hdmi channel. I dont have the ylod so i dont know whats going on. The only latest thing ive done was install the 3.60 spoof last night which was working fine so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try holding the power button until you hear two beeps, then release. its a video mode fix, don't know how effective it will be. try using regular rca cables, sounds like the video/sound from the hdmi may be fried on your ps3. hopefully that is not the case.

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
try holding the power button until you hear two beeps, then release. its a video mode fix, don't know how effective it will be. try using regular rca cables, sounds like the video/sound from the hdmi may be fried on your ps3. hopefully that is not the case.

Tried everything you said and no luck. Tried both the power button trick and i get no signal and rca cables and also no signal and my light is green no yellow light of death.

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
try booting without the harddrive.

It took me to a black screen that said "cannot start. The correct hard disk was not found."

VashTS said:
can you get into recovery mode?

Nope i get a screen with distorted colors.
Edit* If i leave the system off for about 2 hours i can get into recoverymode for about 3 mins before it freezes.

QUOTE(DarkShadow96 @ Mar 17 2011, 11:59 PM)
Hmm... I had this problem long ago, I think I might know what it is.

What backup manager are you using?

mutiMAN 1.16.09

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like the graphics card is messed up. Can your PS3 output video through normal AV cable/Component/SCART?
My PS3 used to work fine with HDMI but suddenly one day HDMI stopped working(no signal through HDMI). Now it works with everything but HDMI.

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it freezes with the normal red yellow white av cables too. Everything was working fine till gran turismo 5 killed it
frown.gif

[EDIT] After leaving the system off for about 2 hours and turning it on everything looked fine i was able to move through the xmb without freezing so i put it to the test and loaded up god of war 3 and after playing for about 7 mins it froze on me again. Also i was using hdmi cable so i dont think theres anything wrong with the hdmi. So i rebooted and i got no signal. But the same thing happens with regular av cables. Looks like if i leave it off for a while it works again but only for a few mins.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
KlexKavark said:
steve-p said:

It took me to a black screen that said "cannot start. The correct hard disk was not found."

then it's not dead and it's got working gfx.
i'd try another harddrive and a firmware file on usb - look at threads about hardware upgrade.

if you dont have a spare, try formatting or atleast checking your existing one in a pc.
funny thing about sata, drives can fail in a way that freezes the system - i had it on a pc a couple of years back.

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
KlexKavark said:
steve-p said:

then it's not dead and it's got working gfx.
i'd try another harddrive and a firmware file on usb - look at threads about hardware upgrade.

if you dont have a spare, try formatting or atleast checking your existing one in a pc.
funny thing about sata, drives can fail in a way that freezes the system - i had it on a pc a couple of years back.

I forgot to mention that after it gave me the "incorrect hard disk error" that the wavy lines in the background froze and i wasnt able to do anything but hard shutdown the system. But anyway i tested the hdd in the computer and it works perfectly so i dont think its a hard drive problem. Im starting to suspect the system is overheating because after 2 mins of being on it freezes and its extremely hot. Then i have to leave it off for about 2 hours and it starts to work again but then freezes after 5 mins. I also reformatted the hard drive and did a system restore in recovery mode but it still freezes and glitches (distorted colors in XMB) on me.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
if you hold the button - i forget which one, and turn the power on, it should put the fan at full speed.
this will blow all kinds of crap out the back, so do it at a window.

or maybe your fan's not even working - can you hear it?

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
if you hold the button - i forget which one, and turn the power on, it should put the fan at full speed.
this will blow all kinds of crap out the back, so do it at a window.

or maybe your fan's not even working - can you hear it?

Yes i can hear it and if i put my hand on the back i can feel the air. I dont know what button your speaking about to get full power i tried eject plus power and it was regular speed.

QUOTE(Ryupower @ Mar 19 2011, 11:57 AM) it look like your ps3 is dying

it may be close to getting the YLoD
and
it look like the GPU it also dying

do you get something like
0.jpg

or do you get green blocks all over

Actually you seem to have gotten farther than i did according to your image you can get into a game. I cant get passed the xmb before i get the blocks.

Heres is what i start out with :
http://img810.imageshack.us/i/img0046k.jpg/

And here is what i end up with :
http://img850.imageshack.us/i/img0047g.jpg/

All with in seconds i cant even get into a game.

Edit* For some reason the images arent displaying even though i am using the img tags so ill link it instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo