Gaming [PS3] - Anyone NOT able to connect to their router?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the last few days (2 or 3 ish) I have NOT been able to connect to my router, it can never the IP address REGARDLESS of weather I'm using 'alternate" DNS (which did work for a while).

Though I am useing a torrent (utorrent) to download some Brittish show, that shouldn't really affect that much, even when it's not running I can't get an IP address, I'm sure my Wii can still use netflix though, as well are the/machines here.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uTorrent will be the problem. When using uTorrent it kills your connection on PSN.

I've tested it myself.

Well you said you tried it when it was closed...are you sure it wasn' trunning?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uTorrent doesn't necessarily kill your connection. It just makes your connection slow as hell when it's downloading something. You can try to limit your upload speed on it to about 20kb or so, since this is how I usually solve my slow connection issues with it.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it's off, it should be able to get an IP address, regardless of the settings (I've tried a few DNS, and automatic) and it wont ever get the IP.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try manually entering a static IP address in the PS3's network settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU