PS VR2 to launch in February at $549.99

psvr.JPG

The wait is nearly over for PS VR fans as Sony's next-generation VR gaming headset has a release date. In a PlayStation Blog post today, the company announced that the PS VR2 will launch February 22, 2023. The package, which comes with the PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones, will retail at an RRP of $549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY), with pre-orders starting November 15.

box 1.jpg

Sony also provided the pricing for other bundles and accessories as well:
  • PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle at $599.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 (Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones)
  • PlayStation VR2 Sense controller charging station at $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 / ¥5,480 (Players can charge the PS VR2 Sense controller through a simple click-in design, without having to connect to a PS5 console – freeing up the console’s USB ports.)
vr box.jpg dock.jpg

As for software titles, they will be available for pre-orders starting this month. Are there any games you are looking forward to on the system?

:arrow: SOURCE

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No shit, sherlock. It's just one of the better headsets (on paper) we've seen in a while.
My point was, of course it would be more appealing if it had PC support. But that's not who Sony made this for.
Same way it would be more appealing if it was $200 cheaper. Its kinda stating the obvious and neither of those two things are realistically happening.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The price seems competitive to me. The specs are more in line with the HTC Vive Pro 2 (which costs more than $1200 for the full kit) than the Quest 2 ($400) that most people seem to have stuck in their head as a comparison.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew the price would not be cheap but I kept reading articles saying psvr 2 is quest 2 main competitor, etc...
I never understood the comparison given the pricing between the two is so different.
On top of that you need a ps5 for psvr 2 .... it's more a competition for htc vive

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I knew the price would not be cheap but I kept reading articles saying psvr 2 is quest 2 main competitor, etc...
I never understood the comparison given the pricing between the two is so different.
On top of that you need a ps5 for psvr 2 .... it's more a competition for htc vive
I would never in my life have considered PSVR 2 a competitor to Quest 2 :rofl:
It’s only a PCVR competitor
Good ol PC vs console situation

The people comparing it to Q2… that’s like comparing console to mobile

Reactions: Alosho

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose the thing they have in common is that all the other VR headsets are aimed at the "PC master race".
And then theres PSVR and Quest line of headsets that fall outside of that box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0