Updated PSVR Announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It works with all existing SteamVR games (and by extension, Oculus games using ReVive). Early tests were showing some distortion past 180 degrees FoV because of some default settings in SteamVR, but I believe that's already been updated and fixed.

(Estimated max human peripheral vision is 220 degrees)

Last edited by Xzi, Oct 2, 2017
    osaka35 likes this.
  2. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    "high-end" more like "luxury-end" PCs :D, 8k.... wow, you need at least two 1080gtx ti no ? ^^ i remember DOOM runing at 45-50fps on 5k, with 1080ti x)

3. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    So if we just wait a bit longer, there'll be a third version for the PS5 and there might actually be some games to play on it, right?

4. chaoskagami

chaoskagami Rawr

Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    Never mind that these probably have shit drivers (read: crap sound) and they DON'T LOOK REPLACEABLE OHGOD

Does Sony not know how fragile earbuds are?

As far as I know, no. My GTX970 has two ports on the back for a VR headset and it was advertised as VR-capable. Whether that means 60fps, I don't know. Even though I have a self-built gaming PC that's been gradually upgraded over the years and probably totals about $1400 around now (ten years later) I can't justify spending $600 on a headset I may or may not even be able to use (rocking somewhere around 20/240 vision here) instead of a 4K monitor.

Last edited by chaoskagami, Oct 3, 2017
  5. rg

rg GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2012
    Why would some one with a psp-go be screwed?

6. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    They are still replaceable.
    Also, if they are any similar to the earbuds that come with PSVR V1, they're actually pretty decent.

7. loveShmups

loveShmups Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2017
    France
    west coast of Europe !
    I'm not confident with VR, right now....
    I tried the system at my friedn's place : same feeling has Kinect : funny 10 minutes, then..... boring.
    The technology is new and "costy"... but we don't have majors sales, even with the PC version.

Will see the situation in 6 months....

Last edited by loveShmups, Oct 3, 2017
  8. Raverrevolution

Raverrevolution Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Man, I just got the PSVR, you guys are picky as hell. This thing blows my mind. It's tough to go back to playing non VR games now. Resident Evil 7 is insane in VR. Sure the tech is not at the best it can be at this point, but it's nothing short of awesome and worth it right now.

2Hack, specht and Supster131 like this.
  9. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    yea but you can take all these terraflops and shove them up your arse.

the xbx1x is going to do nothing with all this "most powerful console" hardware.

what.....

play the same xbx games but in 4k and its graphic settings higher...... now correct me if i am wrong, but this is what PC gamers were for.

same game at fraction of the cost to run on expensive high end system to simply enjoy better resolutions and slight texture quality improvements.

all this hardware is wasted because its never going to get any titles that take advantage of it, because all games also have to run/support launch xbx1 consoles.

so i laugh at the hardware wh0res, its like bragging you have a ferrari yet you only drive it at 5mph.

10. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Well you've certainly ascribed a lot of opinions to me that I certainly have never expressed :P

500 is a bit rich for my blood, but I can see someone who's invested in the xbox landscape to find a lot of perks. Framerates for First-Person-Shooters would probably be a selling point for a lot of folks, and the 4k upscaling will be nice for a lot of folks. And I'd pick the one S for 4k blurays, but works on the X too. I wonder how much bigger the native 4k files are going to be though, for downloads and whatnot.

That and I imagine they'll try and start developing VR for their console, after they think they can make it work better than sony. Or that other project they had in the works.

Last edited by osaka35, Oct 3, 2017
  11. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    I am just going to enjoy my portable 720p experience while having a far overpowered pc.

12. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    lolz is that your nintendo morphus x300.... with old ports failtendo didnt get when these titles were new.

and people that go on about portability..... you do know we can remote play PS4/XBX1 away from home right.

13. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    PS3 graphics were pretty good actually.
    It just shows how current-gen systems are weak, if not bad.

14. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    You cannot play it while away, or play with acceptable lag on a toliet. Besides what are you goin to remote-play Xb1 with?

15. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Oh nice! I hope its out once (and hopefully) a western release of Megadimension Neptunia VIIR is released.

16. digitalforums

digitalforums GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2004
    Cheshire, England
    You can remote play xb1 with a laptop

17. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    xbx1 can remote play on any device running win10 ;)
    PS4 can remote play via its app or using a vita ;)

so when all the nintendo fans are defending old ports and inferior versions because of its "portability"...... HMMM kk, its not like we cant do this on the other systems and have superior version of said game and cheaper.

18. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    What's the point considering any gaming laptop will offer greater freedom, performance and even cheaper game compared to xb1, not to mention mods.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Steam is cheaper not to mention other platforms like Gog, a good pc can casually outclass console, and Nintendo offer incredible first party not on any other.

19. digitalforums

digitalforums GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2004
    Cheshire, England

20. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Last edited by Yil, Oct 4, 2017