Updated PSVR Announced

psvr.jpg

in a post update on PlayStation Blog's "PlayStation VR: The Ultimate FAQ" today, Sony announced that a "hardware update to PlayStation VR is being prepared".

This updated PSVR's design will enable the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. HDR pass through will also be supported thanks to an updated Processor Unit, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit in between the TV and the PS4 system. The post noted that this function can be used only when the VR headset is turned off.

However, because the cables of CUH-ZVR1 (old version) and CUH-ZVR2 (updated version) are different, you cannot swap the Processor Units.

As for the pricing for the PS VR bundles, it will remain the same and all PS VR games are compatible with both PS VR models.

You can read the full post update in the source below:

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That sounds amazing. Especially for por...ported games. Games that are ported to 8k VR. I'll have to look into it, thanks for the heads up. I'm always behind on things like this.
It works with all existing SteamVR games (and by extension, Oculus games using ReVive). Early tests were showing some distortion past 180 degrees FoV because of some default settings in SteamVR, but I believe that's already been updated and fixed.

(Estimated max human peripheral vision is 220 degrees)

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: osaka35

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's there already, but only on high-end PCs. I got early bird on the Pimax 8K HMD Kickstarter (dual 4K screens with an upscaled 1440p signal) for use with my existing Vive hardware/SteamVR. Not only is the resolution much higher, but it's a 200 degree FoV vs Vive's 110. At 1440p supersampling, I already love my Vive, so I think this will blow my mind all over again.
"high-end" more like "luxury-end" PCs :D, 8k.... wow, you need at least two 1080gtx ti no ? ^^ i remember DOOM runing at 45-50fps on 5k, with 1080ti x)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
In ear phones, disgusting.

Never mind that these probably have shit drivers (read: crap sound) and they DON'T LOOK REPLACEABLE OHGOD

Does Sony not know how fragile earbuds are?

"high-end" more like "luxury-end" PCs :D, 8k.... wow, you need at least two 1080gtx ti no ? ^^ i remember DOOM runing at 45-50fps on 5k, with 1080ti x)

As far as I know, no. My GTX970 has two ports on the back for a VR headset and it was advertised as VR-capable. Whether that means 60fps, I don't know. Even though I have a self-built gaming PC that's been gradually upgraded over the years and probably totals about $1400 around now (ten years later) I can't justify spending $600 on a headset I may or may not even be able to use (rocking somewhere around 20/240 vision here) instead of a 4K monitor.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind that these probably have shit drivers (read: crap sound) and they DON'T LOOK REPLACEABLE OHGOD

Does Sony not know how fragile earbuds are?
They are still replaceable.
Also, if they are any similar to the earbuds that come with PSVR V1, they're actually pretty decent.

loveShmups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not confident with VR, right now....
I tried the system at my friedn's place : same feeling has Kinect : funny 10 minutes, then..... boring.
The technology is new and "costy"... but we don't have majors sales, even with the PC version.

Will see the situation in 6 months....

Last edited by loveShmups,

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I just got the PSVR, you guys are picky as hell. This thing blows my mind. It's tough to go back to playing non VR games now. Resident Evil 7 is insane in VR. Sure the tech is not at the best it can be at this point, but it's nothing short of awesome and worth it right now.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....46% more TFLOPS "isn't that much stronger"?
yea but you can take all these terraflops and shove them up your arse.

the xbx1x is going to do nothing with all this "most powerful console" hardware.

what.....

play the same xbx games but in 4k and its graphic settings higher...... now correct me if i am wrong, but this is what PC gamers were for.

same game at fraction of the cost to run on expensive high end system to simply enjoy better resolutions and slight texture quality improvements.

all this hardware is wasted because its never going to get any titles that take advantage of it, because all games also have to run/support launch xbx1 consoles.

so i laugh at the hardware wh0res, its like bragging you have a ferrari yet you only drive it at 5mph.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea but you can take all these terraflops and shove them up your arse.

the xbx1x is going to do nothing with all this "most powerful console" hardware.

what.....

play the same xbx games but in 4k and its graphic settings higher...... now correct me if i am wrong, but this is what PC gamers were for.

same game at fraction of the cost to run on expensive high end system to simply enjoy better resolutions and slight texture quality improvements.

all this hardware is wasted because its never going to get any titles that take advantage of it, because all games also have to run/support launch xbx1 consoles.

so i laugh at the hardware wh0res, its like bragging you have a ferrari yet you only drive it at 5mph.
Well you've certainly ascribed a lot of opinions to me that I certainly have never expressed :P

500 is a bit rich for my blood, but I can see someone who's invested in the xbox landscape to find a lot of perks. Framerates for First-Person-Shooters would probably be a selling point for a lot of folks, and the 4k upscaling will be nice for a lot of folks. And I'd pick the one S for 4k blurays, but works on the X too. I wonder how much bigger the native 4k files are going to be though, for downloads and whatnot.

That and I imagine they'll try and start developing VR for their console, after they think they can make it work better than sony. Or that other project they had in the works.

Last edited by osaka35,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just going to enjoy my portable 720p experience while having a far overpowered pc.
lolz is that your nintendo morphus x300.... with old ports failtendo didnt get when these titles were new.

and people that go on about portability..... you do know we can remote play PS4/XBX1 away from home right.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lolz is that your nintendo morphus x300.... with old ports failtendo didnt get when these titles were new.

and people that go on about portability..... you do know we can remote play PS4/XBX1 away from home right.
You cannot play it while away, or play with acceptable lag on a toliet. Besides what are you goin to remote-play Xb1 with?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh nice! I hope its out once (and hopefully) a western release of Megadimension Neptunia VIIR is released.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot play it while away, or play with acceptable lag on a toliet. Besides what are you goin to remote-play Xb1 with?
xbx1 can remote play on any device running win10 ;)
PS4 can remote play via its app or using a vita ;)

so when all the nintendo fans are defending old ports and inferior versions because of its "portability"...... HMMM kk, its not like we cant do this on the other systems and have superior version of said game and cheaper.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can remote play xb1 with a laptop
What's the point considering any gaming laptop will offer greater freedom, performance and even cheaper game compared to xb1, not to mention mods.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

xbx1 can remote play on any device running win10 ;)
PS4 can remote play via its app or using a vita ;)

so when all the nintendo fans are defending old ports and inferior versions because of its "portability"...... HMMM kk, its not like we cant do this on the other systems and have superior version of said game and cheaper.
Steam is cheaper not to mention other platforms like Gog, a good pc can casually outclass console, and Nintendo offer incredible first party not on any other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1