PS VR2 to launch in February at $549.99

psvr.JPG

The wait is nearly over for PS VR fans as Sony's next-generation VR gaming headset has a release date. In a PlayStation Blog post today, the company announced that the PS VR2 will launch February 22, 2023. The package, which comes with the PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones, will retail at an RRP of $549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY), with pre-orders starting November 15.

box 1.jpg

Sony also provided the pricing for other bundles and accessories as well:
  • PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle at $599.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 (Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones)
  • PlayStation VR2 Sense controller charging station at $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 / ¥5,480 (Players can charge the PS VR2 Sense controller through a simple click-in design, without having to connect to a PS5 console – freeing up the console’s USB ports.)
vr box.jpg dock.jpg

As for software titles, they will be available for pre-orders starting this month. Are there any games you are looking forward to on the system?

:arrow: SOURCE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did a quick Google search to make sure but this is one of the most expensive VR headsets coming to the market. Sony really be out here just providing more reasons to jump from Console gaming to PC. PS5 is still a struggle to find, more and more exclusives are being ported to PC, and now one of this expensive VR headset.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Not worth to buy PS VR2. Save your money for other hardware or PC hardware upgrade like GPU, hard drive/SSD and go on. I save my money is toward gaming Nvidia GPU! B-):yay:

I heard PS VR before was poor sales. It will apply to PS VR2 in same way as poor sales. Don't bother with PS VR or PS VR2. Keep move on.

Reactions: Deckard5621

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy shit I was all in day one on this but THAT PRICE!?

No. I don't think so anymore.

Edit: ... I mean ... Urgh. It's going to be tough to resist but that price just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'll wait until Alyx is inevitably released on it.

Last edited by shaunj66,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Though not pictured, it probably comes with a ginormous box you have to connect to your PS5.

I'll wait to hear about how inconvenient the the PSVR2 is and allow them a chance to revise it and include backward compatibility before I seriously consider it.

My PS5 plays a PS5 game or two. But at least it plays PS4 games too; often better.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though not pictured, it probably comes with a ginormous box you have to connect to your PS5.

I'll wait to hear about how inconvenient the the PSVR2 is and allow them a chance to revise it and include backward compatibility before I seriously consider it.

My PS5 plays a PS5 game or two. But at least it plays PS4 games too; often better.
It connects via a single USB-C cable to the PS5 front I/O. Backwards compatibility not happening due to a very different setup. Astro Bot for example, uses a virtual Dualsense inside the game - wouldn't work. Games will need to be patched which I guess very few will bother to do or Sony would have mentioned it by now.

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol