Gaming ps vita tv

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this worth it for someone that already has a portable vita?

I figure being that these are going for $40 for a couple of months now that if i wanted to play some games on a bigger screen and with a DS4 controller that it wouldn't be too much to shell out.

i don't have a ps4 to stream games though

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this worth it for someone that already has a portable vita?

I figure being that these are going for $40 for a couple of months now that if i wanted to play some games on a bigger screen and with a DS4 controller that it wouldn't be too much to shell out.

i don't have a ps4 to stream games though

There is a lot of Vita games that are not compatible with the Vita TV, if you're fine with that then $40 is a good price.

There is a list of compatible games if you want to see if your favorite game is on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one at this price for much the same reason. The number of titles it can't play for whatever reason is a bit disappointing, but it's quite nice for the games it can play. Some games even look better on the PS TV, imo. Dualshock 3 controllers also work, for what it's worth (and they have MUCH better battery life). If you've had PS+ for awhile, chances are you've got a crap load of compatible games. For $40, I'm happy with it. If I'd paid $100, I'd be a little pissed. The Netflix app hasn't been approved, and a few notable PSP games haven't as well (Dracula X Chronicles isn't approved in NA, though I've heard the European version is). It also can't output at 1080p, leaving you to either choose Auto, which will default to 720p, and it's kind of a fuzzy mess, or manually set the device to 1080i, which looks pretty good, but is incompatible with any PS1 classics, should you choose to play those.

Hopefully that gave you a bit of insight into the product and didn't just confuse you more. It's a cool device, but unfortunately, there's a reason it's selling for $40.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm happy with mine, but I also have a PS4. it doesn't get a ton of use, and a working netflix app would make it killer, but it's alright

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The PSTV is a fucking awesome micro-console with either a 32GB or a 64GB card so the storage is more or less unlimited to store tons and tons of PSP, PS1 and emulator games.

Also once you figure out how simple it is to transfer PSP and PS1 games the only tedious part becomes transferring them to the device (one at a time).

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSTV is a fucking awesome micro-console with either a 32GB or a 64GB card so the storage is more or less unlimited to store tons and tons of PSP, PS1 and emulator games.

Also once you figure out how simple it is to transfer PSP and PS1 games the only tedious part becomes transferring them to the device (one at a time).
yeah but vita memory is still expensive as all hell, i certainly am not willing to get more than 8gb

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I needed an extra PS3 controller, I bought one of these things (it was on sale for less than the cost of just the controller alone).
I have to say, if it weren't for the whitelist, the thing would be wonderful. When I'm on the road, I use my Vita, and when I get home I just pop the memory card into it and everything works great... until I want to play a game. Roughly 80 percent of what I've got on my Vita hasn't been whitelisted, including some real lovely gems like the Metal Gear Solid Collection and Silent Hill Origins. The ones that DO work, on the other hand, like Persona 4 Golden, work really well.
For only $40, I would say it's worth taking the plunge on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.