PS Vita to have ‘surprisingly big show’ at this years E3?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My guess is they'll finally show something from the Bioshock game the mentioned a few years back.
That game doesn't actually exist - the developers mentioned several times that there was an idea for the game but no development began because they were busy with "Bioshock Infinite" and after that game was released, they were waiting for the publisher's green light... with has not been lit up yet.

D

Deleted_171835

Remember when people said that for E3, and TGS, and Sony's "Vita Game Heaven" events. Yeah..I'll believe it when I see it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if he's so far off with his prediction - "KillZone: Mercenary", "Dragon's Crown", "Tearaway", "Final Fantasy X & X-II HD Edition", "Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (Full Frontal Assault)"and "Warrior's Lair" will hit store shelves this year, "Soul Sacrifice" was just released and judging from the Demo, it's excellent, "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time" was just released, "Phantasy Star Online 2" is likely to be localized, "Jak & Daxter HD Collection" was announced... there's a lot to look forward to on the PSVita front this year, I'd wait till E3 before making judgements.

So ports and remakes for the most part are not gonna make me buy a Vita again. See, this is why the Vita fails, it needs new content and it needs it now.

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully a slim version with upgraded specs, a 1080p screen would be nice. New colours would be really nice as well.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So ports and remakes for the most part are not gonna make me buy a Vita again. See, this is why the Vita fails, it needs new content and it needs it now.
> Games are ports "For the most part"
> Two were mentioned: Final Fantasy X/X-II and Jak & Daxter

Oh, sorry DSGAMER64, didn't know you were planning to get one, I'm sure when the system gets some new titles, you will be more forgiving. Oh, what wise words, words to go by!

As per usual, I'm guessing that Zelda OoT3D, StarFox64 3D, Wind Waker HD, Metal Gear Solid 3 3D, Super Mario 64 DS, Devil Survivor: Overclocked and so on we're fine, but god forbid someone re-releases some games on the PSVita, that's just sacrilege.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
I never actually bought any of the Playstations before 3, so even PS remakes on the Vita would be fine for me. Just started playing Persona 4 Golden which is also a remake from a PS2 game.
Besides that the only actual Vita games I have are Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Escape Plan.

Anyhows I don't really think releasing a new version of the Vita is what they need to raise the sales... New games would definitely be "better".

Or maybe they will announce that the Vita -> PS3 link will finally support every PS3 game ever, so you can stream PS3 games to the Vita like how you can play most Wii U games on the Wii U pad? :3

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
> Games are ports "For the most part"
> Two were mentioned: Final Fantasy X/X-II and Jak & Daxter

Oh, sorry DSGAMER64, didn't know you were planning to get one, I'm sure when the system gets some new titles, you will be more forgiving. Oh, what wise words, words to go by!

As per usual, I'm guessing that Zelda OoT3D, StarFox64 3D, Wind Waker HD, Metal Gear Solid 3 3D, Super Mario 64 DS, Devil Survivor: Overclocked and so on we're fine, but god forbid someone re-releases some games on the PSVita, that's just sacrilege.

See, you seem to imply that the 3DS has as many ports, not to mention the ports you have mentioned were for multiple systems, but considering the bulk of upcoming Vita releases are ports, while the 3DS has only seen a few in it's entire time on the market makes your argument laughable. Nice attempt at trolling and trying to defend the fact that the Vita isn't the haven for console games that people have played the shit out of. People don't drop $250 to play ports of games they have already played you know.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
See, you seem to imply that the 3DS has as many ports, not to mention the ports you have mentioned were for multiple systems, but considering the bulk of upcoming Vita releases are ports, while the 3DS has only seen a few in it's entire time on the market makes your argument laughable. Nice attempt at trolling and trying to defend the fact that the Vita isn't the haven for console games that people have played the shit out of. People don't drop $250 to play ports of games they have already played you know.
The 3DS does have a lot of ports in its library and I was talking from a "ports for Sony and Nintendo devices these days" perspective. Do you always accuse people of trolling when they're right? ;)

Two ports were mentioned - the Final Fantasy X collection and Jak & Daxter, you claim it's the bulk. It's not.

3DS has ports and remakes too - plenty of them in fact:
  • "BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II"
  • "MGS: Snake Eater 3D"
  • "Zelda OoT 3D"
  • "Rayman 3D"
  • "Rayman Origins"
  • "SMT: Devil Survivor - Overclocked"
  • "SMT: Devil Survivor 2 - Break Record" (To be released)
  • "Starfox 64 3D"
  • "Super Street Fighter 4 3D"
  • "Unchained Blades"
  • "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D"
  • "VVVVVV"
  • "Cave Story" (NOT Cave Story 3D)
  • and probably more, but nothing comes to mind right now
I figured a convenient list to prove a point was in order. That's all it runs down to.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haven't seen anything from the vita to interest me and it will probably stay that way. Same for the 3ds unless dragon quest monsters comes out in the US.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ONLY THING holding me back from a Vita is the memory cards. I really don't wanna invest in such an expensive form of proprietary memory.

D

Deleted_171835

The 3DS does have a lot of ports in its library and I was talking from a "ports for Sony and Nintendo devices these days" perspective. Do you always accuse people of trolling when they're right? ;)

Two ports were mentioned - the Final Fantasy X collection and Jak & Daxter, you claim it's the bulk. It's not.

3DS has ports and remakes too - plenty of them in fact:
  • "BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II"
  • "MGS: Snake Eater 3D"
  • "Zelda OoT 3D"
  • "Rayman 3D"
  • "Rayman Origins"
  • "SMT: Devil Survivor - Overclocked"
  • "SMT: Devil Survivor 2 - Break Record" (To be released)
  • "Starfox 64 3D"
  • "Super Street Fighter 4 3D"
  • "Unchained Blades"
  • "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D"
  • "VVVVVV"
  • "Cave Story" (NOT Cave Story 3D)
  • and probably more, but nothing comes to mind right now
I figured a convenient list to prove a point was in order. That's all it runs down to.
I have to disagree with you here. The bulk of the Vita's library and upcoming library does consist of ports. When people say the system has no games, they're referring to exclusive titles. All those PS3/PS2 games don't matter.

The 3DS doesn't feature nearly as many ports. In fact, on that list you posted, those are just the usual launch ports, one or two indie games and a couple remakes. Compared to the number of exclusives available, that's hardly anything.

Reactions: TripleSMoon
D

Deleted_171835

Please name this so-called "bulk", because the word "bulk" implies "majority" and that's not the case.
Well here is every notable Vita game so far (including upcoming games). Bolded are ports/remakes.
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Disgaea 3
Dragon's Crown
Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD
Super Stardust Delta
Sound Shapes
Gravity Rush
God Eater 2
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Jak and Daxter Collection
Jet Set Radio
Killzone Mercenary
Touch My Katamari
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
LittleBigPlanet PSV
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Muramasa Rebirth
MotorStorm RC
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Ragnarok Odyssey
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Street Fighter X Tekken
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Tales of Hearts R
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Tales of Innocence R
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Valhalla Knights 3
WipEout 2048
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Project Diva
Guacamelee!
Tearaway

Sure looks to me like the bulk of the library is ports.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^I'm probably being pedantic and all, but I don't really consider VLR as a port per se. I think of it more as a co-release since it was released simultaneously with the 3DS version. I usually only categorise ports if the game is based on another (of another system) which is released at an earlier date. But that's just me :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well here is every notable Vita game so far (including upcoming games). Bolded are ports. Sure looks to me like the bulk of the library is ports.
Interesting to you (subjective opinion), and you cleverly avoided my question.

Outline the bulk of the upcoming games that are ports. Also, a few clarifications as far as your list is concerned:

From the ones you mentioned, those games were released are multiplatform from the start, ergo aren't ports:
  • Guacamelee
  • PSABR
  • God Eater 2
  • Sound Shapes
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  • MotorStorm RC
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault [albeit the PSVita release is delayed - they're adding some PSVita-specific stuff]
So, from the ones you mentioned, the ports are:
  • Disgaea 3
  • Persona 4 Golden [Enhanced Port]
  • Dead or Alive 5 Plus [Enhanced Port]
  • Final Fantasy X/X-II [Enhanced Multiplatform Ports]
  • Jak & Daxter Collection [Enhanced Ports]
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection [Enhanced Multiplatfom Ports]
  • Muramasa Rebirth [Enhanced Port]
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey HD [Enhanced Port]
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Tales of Hearts R [Enhanced Port]
  • Tales of Innocence R [Enhanced Port]
I bolded the upcoming games for you so that the context is obvious.

^I'm probably being pedantic and all, but I don't really consider VLR as a port per se. I think of it more as a co-release since it was released simultaneously with the 3DS version. I usually only categorise ports if the game is based on another (of another system) which is released at an earlier date. But that's just me :P
You're entirely correct - a game simultaneously released on several systems cannot be considered a "port".

Reactions: porkiewpyne

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has to be said, P4G is an excellent example of an enhanced port.

I've just beaten what the final boss and I could have just easily finished the game on the PS2 version. However in the Vita version still has in game several months for me to fuck around, that's potentially another ten hours of meaningful content

RE: VLR, Vita>>>3DS on the grounds the Vita version performs better on a technical level.

Reactions: porkiewpyne
D

Deleted_171835

Interesting to you, and you cleverly avoided my question.

Outline the bulk of the upcoming games that are ports. Also, a few clarifications:

From the ones you mentioned, those games were released are multiplatform from the start, ergo aren't ports:
  • Guacamelee
  • PSABR
  • God Eater 2
  • Sound Shapes
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  • MotorStorm RC
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault [albeit the PSVita release is delayed - they're adding some PSVita-specific stuff]
So, from the ones you mentioned, the ports are:
  • Disgaea 3
  • Persona 4 Golden [Enhanced Port]
  • Dead or Alive 5 Plus [Enhanced Port]
  • Final Fantasy X/X-II [Enhanced Multiplatform Ports]
  • Jak & Daxter Collection [Enhanced Ports]
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection [Enhanced Multiplatfom Ports]
  • Muramasa Rebirth [Enhanced Port]
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey HD [Enhanced Port]
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Tales of Hearts R [Enhanced Port]
  • Tales of Innocence R [Enhanced Port]
I bolded the upcoming games for you so that the context is obvious.
I've listed a total of 40 games.
Out of that list, 22 games are either multiplatform releases or ports.
Meaning 55% of all the games in an already small library is a port/multiplatform, more than 50% = majority.

Whether a game is a port or released at the same time as another platform doesn't really matter. They're still available for purchase on an existing system giving consumers no incentive to purchase a Vita for that game.

For comparison, let's look at the Wii U's current library.
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
ZombiU
Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate
Lego City Undercover
Assassin's Creed 3
Batman: Arkham City
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Darksiders 2
Epic Mickey 2
FIFA 13
Fist of the North Star: Kens Rage 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Just Dance 4
Mass Effect 3
Madden 13
Madden NFL 13
NBA 2K13
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Skylanders Giants
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Resident Evil Revelations
Warriors Orochi 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online
Fast & Furious: Showdown
Bit Trip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Allen
The Cave
Chasing Aurora
Cloudberry Kingdom
Little Inferno
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Nano Assault Neo
Trine 2
For a new console, that looks to be the hottest shit ever. Until you realize that the vast majority of that library are ports. For both consoles, when people say it has no gaems, they're talking about exclusives. Not multiplats, not ports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa