The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This thread is going nowhere, fast.

For one, as we have stated multiple times, DeSMuME is nigh-unusable for the Vita.
Secondly, it's become very evident that you don't have any experience in the realm of coding and/or maintaining a project of such a scope; it's not simply something you can learn in the span of two days or so, but takes weeks/months/years to get a firm grasp.
Thirdly (and fourthly), DraStic is completely closed-source software, and commercial software at that; even if you somehow obtained the complete source code as utilized by Exzap, you have failed to ask for permission and the necessary rights to reuse/reproduce the source code under a (presumably) open-source license -- to which we don't even know how much of said code even complies with open source standards, or if it's compatible with whatever Frankenstein code from DeSMuME you've drummed up! Unless you don't even want to bother; in which case, congratulations, you just stole software and claimed it as your own creation.

Please, for the sake of everyone involved, just stop what you're doing before you run into more troubles than simply trying to get a DS emulator to work on the Vita.

Last edited by SeongGino,

greggameplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This thread is going nowhere, fast.

For one, as we have stated multiple times, DeSMuME is nigh-unusable for the Vita.
Secondly, it's become very evident that you don't have any experience in the realm of coding and/or maintaining a project of such a scope; it's not simply something you can learn in the span of two days or so, but takes weeks/months/years to get a firm grasp.
Thirdly (and fourthly), DraStic is completely closed-source software, and commercial software at that; even if you somehow obtained the complete source code as utilized by Exzap, you have failed to ask for permission and the necessary rights to reuse/reproduce the source code under a (presumably) open-source license -- to which we don't even know how much of said code even complies with open source standards, or if it's compatible with whatever Frankenstein code from DeSMuME you've drummed up! Unless you don't even want to bother; in which case, congratulations, you just stole software and claimed it as your own creation.

Please, for the sake of everyone involved, just stop what you're doing before you run into more troubles than simply trying to get a DS emulator to work on the Vita.
I know that the Drastic Emulator is closed source, i won't upload this because of that. It's just for looking. And yes, I don't have any ps vita homebrew coding experience yet but for now it's just about Java to translate to C++, so I don't need ps vita homebrew coding experience yet. But i repeat this is just for looking. I believe in the future they will make this emulator open source in order to that.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I know that the Drastic Emulator is closed source, i won't upload this because of that. It's just for looking. And yes, I don't have any ps vita homebrew coding experience yet but for now it's just about Java to translate to C++, so I don't need ps vita homebrew coding experience yet. But i repeat this is just for looking. I believe in the future they will make this emulator open source in order to that.

I don't see how any of this is "just looking," because I think you're vastly underestimating the scope of what you're claiming to undergo here. And like I just said, having any of said commercial code in a public repo is very likely going to have some unflattering private emails sent your way (not that a simple disassembly of the binary is going to do you very well in the first place, but I digress).

We are not saying this to put you down or anything; we're saying this so you're properly informed that what you've not only requested, but also claiming, are simply impossible and not worth the effort of undergoing. If anyone's going to make a DS emulator (for whatever reason, even though I firmly believe the 444mhz CPU in the Vita is going to be a major bottleneck in this context...), it has to be done from complete scratch.

This means extensive knowledge of the Nintendo DS's insides; the CPU, the RAM/ROM, how everything interacts with each other, the little idiosyncrasies in each function and how each game specifically utilizes them, etc...
This means having knowledge of a programming language that's not only powerful enough, but also tailor-made for the Vita and HENkaku homebrew standards to start a project from.
This means throwing out any and all outside sources of code, as they will be incompatible with your new project, and will require a from-the-ground-up effort.
And not only that, this means having the foresight to see that DS emulation on the Vita isn't very feasible, no matter HOW you spin the situation.

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: Billy Acuña

greggameplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't see how any of this is "just looking," because I think you're vastly underestimating the scope of what you're claiming to undergo here. And like I just said, having any of said commercial code in a public repo is very likely going to have some unflattering private emails sent your way (not that a simple disassembly of the binary is going to do you very well in the first place, but I digress).

We are not saying this to put you down or anything; we're saying this so you're properly informed that what you've not only requested, but also claiming, are simply impossible and not worth the effort of undergoing. If anyone's going to make a DS emulator (for whatever reason, even though I firmly believe the 444mhz CPU in the Vita is going to be a major bottleneck in this context...), it has to be done from complete scratch.

This means extensive knowledge of the Nintendo DS's insides; the CPU, the RAM/ROM, how everything interacts with each other, the little idiosyncrasies in each function and how each game specifically utilizes them, etc...
This means having knowledge of a programming language that's not only powerful enough, but also tailor-made for the Vita and HENkaku homebrew standards to start a project from.
This means throwing out any and all outside sources of code, as they will be incompatible with your new project, and will require a from-the-ground-up effort.
And not only that, this means having the foresight to see that DS emulation on the Vita isn't very feasible, no matter HOW you spin the situation.
Ok, so I will just delete the Drastic Source Code inside my computer.

Reactions: Panzer_Baboon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn