Hacking PS Vita downgrade, modded using update365

CMDreamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let me explain the details the better I can.

I have a PS Vita model 1101 (FAT), with a 4GB original Sony card. I have an active/enabled PSN account on it. When I bought the PS Vita it had OFW 3.60, don't know if it was its original factory firmware version (but I think this is not relevant anyway).

I modded the Vita back in the day, using the -now deprecated- Update365 method from here: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365. So the Vita is currently on CFW 3.65 Ensö and I can use homebrew as soon as the Vita turns on with the Ensö logo showing on screen at boot time.

I'm willing to downgrade it into OFW 3.60 and install Ensö for OFW 3.60 (for better plugin and homebrew compatibility).

Now my questions:

1. Is it safe to downgrade the Vita to OFW 3.60 using Modoru, if I modded it using the now deprecated Update365 method?
2. If it's safe, how can I do it -step by step- so I avoid a brick on the Vita?
3. Can I backup the 4 GB card contents linked to my account and restore it on a larger capacity microSD Card (how?), once downgraded, if set up my account again on the Vita?

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks a lot beforehand for your help on this regard.

Last edited by CMDreamer,
Reactions: Payne

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade back to 3.60, you need to disable all your plugins and remove enso before the downgrade, or you will brick. You might have to relink after downgrade Im not sure if your Sony Memory card will still be linked to your PSN account after downgrade.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you used update365, your stuff may be on vs0. I used the original 3.65 enso updater from 3.60, and that's where they were. I managed to downgrade though along with yamt installed. some issues I guess where I had to redownload my content, but I can't recall if that was going to or from 365. I had issues with it, but all is fixed now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

boot_plugins.txt and the henkaku.suprx I think are in vs0's tai folder with update365. I didn't use an faq when I downgraded, so I had some issues, but they were easy fixes.

btw, remember to unlink your id.dat or delete it, either one will work, or else the system will try to force you to format and/or update when you downgrade. I forgot about that, but deleting the id.dat fixed it. a new one will be made in its place. it contains your software version, which is why that happens. it includes spoofed firmware version as well, so always delete it if downgrading.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

CMDreamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you both: @Hayato213 & @godreborn.

My main concern right now is that I don't know if the Update365 method used for modding the Vita can cause a brick when uninstalling Ensö, considering that such method is older than Ensö v1.1 which "fixes installer bricking on rare occasions when trying to uninstall", according to https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/enso/releases/tag/v1.1.

Edit.
I have a tai folder on ur0, ux0 and vs0 folders on my Vita (haven't had any issues with this), I have to rename/delete them all so to disable plugins, correct?
Also, I have an id.dat on ux0, so unlinking the card (on Henkaku settings), before uninstalling Ensö is a must, correct?
One more thing, do I need to install Modoru before uninstalling Ensö, so I can start the downgrade process? If so, how do I have to run Modoru after uninstalling Ensö if afaik, Henkaku only works on 3.60, an my Vita has 3.65?

As you can see I'm kinda confused right here.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't remember uninstalling enso to downgrade. I think I used the L button to disable plugins, but that's it.

I downgraded both vita and pstv from update365. I never touched hencore or anything like that, so I'm pretty sure I was still on enso, and it didn't matter.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i also used update / downgrade 365 to downgrade my PS Vita Slim and i didn't uninstall Enso, i just followed Modoru's instructions

Last edited by NeoGranzon,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why anyone would run 3.60 over 3.65, what plugins or features am I not taking into account here as last I checked everything anybody would want to run works on 3.65 just fine.

CMDreamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure why anyone would run 3.60 over 3.65, what plugins or features am I not taking into account here as last I checked everything anybody would want to run works on 3.65 just fine.

Great! Last time I checked many plugins and apps were required to be updated to work properly on 3.65 (as you can tell by the -now deprecated- method used to mod the Vita).

So then I can stay on 3.65 without issues. Perfect!

Thank you everyone who took the time to comment and tried to help me out. Best regards!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might want to update to the new enso 3.65. though it never caused issues for me, boot_plugins.txt and henkaku.suprx are in vs0 from what I remember instead of ur0 like the normal enso 3.60 and 3.65.

I take that back, there was a time henkaku settings wasn't appearing in system settings. I think I copied henkaku.suprx to ur0/tai, because that's the henkaku settings file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto