MAVERICKX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks in advance for helping :)

i got ps vita pch-1103 from a friend with 3.15 firmware and its formated via recovery mode and it has no psn user on it .. and i have some questions to play psp and reto emulators on it

1- what is th best formware version should i upgrade to .. or stay on 3.15 ??
2- do i need ps3 system to complete hacking it or is there other way not to use a ps3 ?
3- should i buy a certain game depending on a certain vita firmware you recommend me to update ?
4- can i put psp games in micro SD or should be on original vita card (i have 16gb one) ?
5- is there any chance to remote play ps4 ?
6- can i unhack the vita ofter a while and make it clean for online and upgrade it to latest OFW ?

i'm sorry for asking alot
and please provide guides links if you can .. thank you very much

D

Deleted User

1. Stay on 3.15. Your firmware version is fit enough to follow my guide, and you can install both the Rejuvenate hack, and TN-V and/or ARK onto it. You can also use Package Installer as well, on 3.15.

2. I think you do, yes. In order to activate your Vita (required to play content from memory card), you have to connect to PSN, which requires you to update your Vita. But if you have a PS3, you can do a little trick (explained in my guide) to transfer something from the PS3 to the Vita, which activates the Vita in the process. PS3s aren't overly expensive nowadays; I got mine for £70 second-hand.

3. You don't have to purchase a Vita game in order to update to a specific firmware. Thanks to Sony, you can manually update to a specific FW version by placing the "PSP2UPDAT.PUP" (the update file) and "psp2-updatelist.xml" into your QCMA "updates" folder (default location: C:\Users\<user>\psv updates) and click on "update through PC" on your Vita, making sure you update OFFLINE!

4. The Vita doesn't support MicroSD cards. So you should use the official PS Vita memory cards instead.

5. Not on a low firmware, no.

6. Why would you want to do that?

MAVERICKX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Stay on 3.15. Your firmware version is fit enough to follow my guide, and you can install both the Rejuvenate hack, and TN-V and/or ARK onto it. You can also use Package Installer as well, on 3.15.

2. I think you do, yes. In order to activate your Vita (required to play content from memory card), you have to connect to PSN, which requires you to update your Vita. But if you have a PS3, you can do a little trick (explained in my guide) to transfer something from the PS3 to the Vita, which activates the Vita in the process. PS3s aren't overly expensive nowadays; I got mine for £70 second-hand.

3. You don't have to purchase a Vita game in order to update to a specific firmware. Thanks to Sony, you can manually update to a specific FW version by placing the "PSP2UPDAT.PUP" (the update file) and "psp2-updatelist.xml" into your QCMA "updates" folder (default location: C:\Users\<user>\psv updates) and click on "update through PC" on your Vita, making sure you update OFFLINE!

4. The Vita doesn't support MicroSD cards. So you should use the official PS Vita memory cards instead.

5. Not on a low firmware, no.

6. Why would you want to do that?

Thank you but i need to clear some things
1- you want me to stay on 3.15 cause 3.18 has no more advantages right ?
2- when i use the ps3 to active a user from a content ... which kind of content i need to buy ?? a psp game or a vita game ?? is it free ?? and a certain game or i choose a random game ?
3- can you give me a link for your guide ?
4- when i open QCMA to set the CMA Protocol selection to Manual to choose the CMA Protocol version i couldn't find 3.15 or even 3.18 on the list .. i only find 3.00 ,3.10 ,3.30
5- when i asked if can i unhack the vita ofter a while and make it clean for online and upgrade it to latest OFW >> that because i love to stream my ps4 games to vita :) .. is that possible to unhack it any time ?

thank you again :)

D

Deleted User

Thank you but i need to clear some things
1- you want me to stay on 3.15 cause 3.18 has no more advantages right ?
2- when i use the ps3 to active a user from a content ... which kind of content i need to buy ?? a psp game or a vita game ?? is it free ?? and a certain game or i choose a random game ?
3- can you give me a link for your guide ?
4- when i open QCMA to set the CMA Protocol selection to Manual to choose the CMA Protocol version i couldn't find 3.15 or even 3.18 on the list .. i only find 3.00 ,3.10 ,3.30
5- when i asked if can i unhack the vita ofter a while and make it clean for online and upgrade it to latest OFW >> that because i love to stream my ps4 games to vita :) .. is that possible to unhack it any time ?

thank you again :)
1- 3.15 and 3.18 are just almost identical. It'd be pointless to update to 3.18 because both firmwares can pull off the same hacks.
2- It can be any content that can be transferrable to the Vita. Just download a PSP/Vita demo and transfer it from the PS3 to the Vita, and it it should activate the Vita if both devices are linked with the same PSN account. (I forgot to mention that. >_<)
3- http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-th...a-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/
It's at the top of the Vita forums at the moment. You can't miss it. ;)
4- Try 3.10. I had that issue once. Also tick the "disable wifi monitoring" and "offline mode" boxes if you are connecting through USB.
5- You don't have to unhack to be able to update. Just click update, and it will just update the Vita like normal. :)
Nothing will be bricked if you update your Vita and it still has hacks on it.

MAVERICKX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- 3.15 and 3.18 are just almost identical. It'd be pointless to update to 3.18 because both firmwares can pull off the same hacks.
2- It can be any content that can be transferrable to the Vita. Just download a PSP/Vita demo and transfer it from the PS3 to the Vita, and it it should activate the Vita if both devices are linked with the same PSN account. (I forgot to mention that. >_<)
3- http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-th...a-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/
It's at the top of the Vita forums at the moment. You can't miss it. ;)
4- Try 3.10. I had that issue once. Also tick the "disable wifi monitoring" and "offline mode" boxes if you are connecting through USB.
5- You don't have to unhack to be able to update. Just click update, and it will just update the Vita like normal. :)
Nothing will be bricked if you update your Vita and it still has hacks on it.

Thank you very much :) you are very kind and patient :)

i will do every thing you said and if some thing stopped me i'll ask you again if you don't mind :)

Reactions: Deleted User

MAVERICKX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did all the work like copying the TNV like a psp save , did the Mail Trick and finally installed the TNV-11 on my vita and but i still confused with some things

1- is all the PBOOT.PBPs' provided with applications like TVN-11 and VBHL are the same?
2- do i need every to do the Mail Trick then rebuild the vita system when copy a new app to vita .. i mean do i need to send a new mail every time with a new PBOOT.PBP renamed to #0 to install a new app to vita ?
3- after i successfully installed TNV-11 i tried to install VBHL "and did the mail trick again" then i rebuilt the system .. but after the vita booting the TVN-11 disappeared .. why did that happend ?? or the VBHL replaced it ??
4- after installing the TVN-11 how to add PSP Games to it ?? also can i copy older saves from my old PSP and how to do that ?
5- also can i add SEPLUGINS to the 660 system to play the ps1 games like we used to do on psp and how to do that ?
6- can i change the bubble icon of the TVN-11 and rename it and how to do that ?
7- is the a stand alone SNES emulator on vita ( not one from inside epsp) that runs on full speed ?
8- where the TVN-11 or any application installed to ? the vita system it self or the vita's memory card .. i asking that because i have another 4G vita memory card can i use it for more psp games ?

i'm sorry for asking alot
and please provide guides links if you can .. and again thank you very much :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q