Hacking PS TV Brick?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If reinstalling didn't work, try updating to 3.70 from recovery, using a usb or through qcma.

I did everything I could with that limited environment. Of course I tried updating to 3.70. To unbrick it I would need a fw 3.71+ with the idea I posted above. It does not work if you install the same firmware. The device is trashed anyway so I'm already looking for a replacement.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything I could with that limited environment. Of course I tried updating to 3.70. To unbrick it I would need a fw 3.71+ with the idea I posted above. It does not work if you install the same firmware. The device is trashed anyway so I'm already looking for a replacement.
This is what i meant, people have been able to fix their vitas using this.

1 put your vita in safe mode2 transfer the pup to the console (through mc or qcma in update process)3 when you are in the EULA screen, connect your psvita to a power supply (this will disable update blocker patch when it reboot to the green menu of installation)4 update/reinstall the fw

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/b4z3ez/faq_enso_ex_v30/

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is what i meant, people have been able to fix their vitas using this.

1 put your vita in safe mode2 transfer the pup to the console (through mc or qcma in update process)3 when you are in the EULA screen, connect your psvita to a power supply (this will disable update blocker patch when it reboot to the green menu of installation)4 update/reinstall the fw

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/b4z3ez/faq_enso_ex_v30/

If you are right, then a hardware error struck. I already bought replacement and Im waiting for it to arrive

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are right, then a hardware error struck. I already bought replacement and Im waiting for it to arrive
I think it's just blocking the firmware reinstall or update due to the update blocker you used, disabling the blocker so you can then reinstall/update firmware. But i think as long as you can still use recovery it's not a full brick.
Also with your new one there's no need to use the update blocker as long as you enable spoofing and have download updates in ps+ settings off you'll never have to worry about accidentally updating.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it's just blocking the firmware reinstall or update due to the update blocker you used, disabling the blocker so you can then reinstall/update firmware. But i think as long as you can still use recovery it's not a full brick.
Also with your new one there's no need to use the update blocker as long as you enable spoofing and have download updates in ps+ settings off you'll never have to worry about accidentally updating.

I have setup a proxy to circumvent cma update nag. Qcma stuck for me a lot when using multiple vitas and I need to restart qcma every few days. The official cma does a way better job in beeing stable.
I thought with update blocker (saw it on vitaguides) i could circumvent the update nag and making the proxy obsolete but this didnt work. So the whole thing happened to me because I "thought" something could work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol