PS Classic memory stick swap?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, have my PS Classic modded with BleemSync and looking to upgrade from my 16GB keystick a a 64GB of the same make. I cloned the entire thing over but the system is not properly acknowledging the new 64GB stick. It's named exactly the same as the old one, formatted properly, etc. What am I doing wrong, and more to the point how do I fix it?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The usb slots on the front of the ps classic are hobbled to just 100mha of power delivery. That's not enough for many flashdrives that want anywhere from 400-800mha.

You can overcome this power limit by shorting some contacts inside as shown on pictures here: https://modmyclassic.com/wiki/index.php?title=PlayStation_Classic

Alternatively, there's some softmod that allows usage of the back usb connection with an otg splitter.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's just what I read, maybe I misunderstood some things? but from what I understand, it's not necessarily that the flash drive itself really needs 500 to function, it's just not willing to function unless the port can provide that much. 100mah is definitely on the low end for many drives.

and shorting those voltage limiters makes most drives work.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's just what I read, maybe I misunderstood some things? but from what I understand, it's not necessarily that the flash drive itself really needs 500 to function, it's just not willing to function unless the port can provide that much. 100mah is definitely on the low end for many drives.

and shorting those voltage limiters makes most drives work.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can get the PSC to acknowledge the stick for a few minutes on a fresh boot, but the moment anything goes wrong the whole system locks up and it won't even acknowledge my 16GB stick for a while. It does eventually fix itself but it's more of a nut-ache than it's worth. Any suggestions on a permanent fix, or at the very least a keystick that is guaranteed to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1