Homebrew Project M iso worked, but began to black screen after installing Priiloader

dBlueGlitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been playing the Project M iso for a while, it was on my USB and was booted through USB Loader GX. It worked awesome. I put priiloader on my SD card earlier today, installed it, made no changes to the default priiloader settings and suddenly now Project M will appear as a channel in USB loader GX as normal but when I hit start, black screens (it was the only iso on my USB).

I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue, and if you know what to do to resolve it.

So far I've tried:

Uninstalling Priiloader (first in Homebrew, then removed from SD card)
Re-installing USB Loader GX
Re-building the same ISO on my USB using WiiBackupManager
Resetting everything using the d2x-CIOS installer (using V10-beta53-alt)
Setting hook to "none" in Project M launch settings in USB loader

None of those things changed the fact Project M launches into a black screen. Please let me know if you have any ideas!

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t believe beta 53 is recommended or used anymore. But I don’t know if that’s the cause of your issue. Maybe try changing to 250 in the loader?

dBlueGlitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t believe beta 53 is recommended or used anymore. But I don’t know if that’s the cause of your issue. Maybe try changing to 250 in the loader?

Do you mean in USB GX's loader settings? If so, would I be setting the loader ISO to 250 or the game ISO to 250? Thanks for the help.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game but I’m not 100% sure as I’ve never messed what those settings but I believe I read that some where. That’s irrelevant though if you didn’t install cios to slot 250 when you modded your Wii.

dBlueGlitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game but I’m not 100% sure as I’ve never messed what those settings but I believe I read that some where. That’s irrelevant though if you didn’t install cios to slot 250 when you modded your Wii.

I installed the v10-52 in slot 250, would there be any potential harm insetting the game IOS to 250 and trying it out?

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the v10-52 in slot 250
I don’t believe there is any risk changing the settings in the usb loader to 250. You could try changing one or the other or both and see if that helps or wai5 for someone with more knowledge on this specific subject to chime in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.