EIREXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
93D64AA74B39D74B59DD843B6739DCB1328E487A

Hello, I am the developer of Project Heartbeat a rhythm game available on Steam, since version 0.11 the game has a nintendo switch port, it's unsupported but hopefully you can play around with it a bit.
dd
The game uses Stary2001's version of godot, I did some PRs to fix some critical engine functionality that the game needed.

You can get the engine code here: https://github.com/Stary2001/godot/tree/3.3-stable_switch

DISCLAIMER

This version of the game doesn't work as well as the PC version and it's unsupported, no warranties are given.
Broken features include anything Steam-related (leaderboards and workshop), and video playback in general and many others, but most songs are playable.
Performance is also not very good (because it's built against nouveau), but it's definitely playable. Loading times are fairly long too.

Improvements over the old switch version

• There used to be an old port that was fairly broken, this version fixes some issues with it:
  • Engine level fixes to filesystem access, the data directory is now stored in the sdmc:/switch/Project Heartbeat folder.
  • Timing method is locked to using the hardware clock due to difficulties using the software clock on Switch.
  • GUI accept event and GUI cancel event are reversed
  • Textures now load properly

Installing
Simply copy the Project Heartbeat.nro file from the "Nintendo Switch version" folder and Project Heartbeat.pck file from the game's folder (next to the executable) to the switch folder on the root of your SD card.

Copy ph_override.cfg to "sdmc:/switch/Project Heartbeat", the game will crash otherwise.

These files can be found in the game's folder, next to the executable.

It's important you copy the ph_override.cfg file, it will crash without it, this file tells the game to stub out the references to the Steamworks module which obviously doesn't exist on Switch.

Switch exporter
Project Heartbeat now comes with a "Switch Export" utility

This utility will do the following:

• Copy the selected songs to the folder of your choosing.
  • Remove the youtube data as that's unsupported on switch.
  • Copy the audio .ogg file if it's a youtube video and make the song use it.

You can find the utility in the tools option in the main menu.

Simply check the songs you want to export and hit the export button to select where the new songs will be put at.

Once finished, move the output folders to sdmc:/switch/Project Heartbeat/songs

And you are done!

1B67CD457EDF1CD89EAD4A3C2A8E05B74F867EEB

EIREXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks! How can I get the .nro without paying at Steam paywall?

If you mean to play the game on the switch you can't, you have to buy the game, otherwise it would be piracy.
If you are just after the engine for your own projects, the post above will suffice.

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool stuff, although the price is probably twice as much as I'd pay for this as an early access indie. I'll definitely pick it up if a sale comes up at some point though.

EIREXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cool stuff, although the price is probably twice as much as I'd pay for this as an early access indie. I'll definitely pick it up if a sale comes up at some point though.

tbh I'd consider the game feature complete, I'm just waiting for the new version of the engine (godot 4) to port to it before going out of EA

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
If you mean to play the game on the switch you can't, you have to buy the game, otherwise it would be piracy.
If you are just after the engine for your own projects, the post above will suffice.

Weird to post a paid release to a homebrew forum. This isn't really the place for commercial activity.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nice. But, aren't you ripping the assets from Project Diva? Those look exactly like Project Diva's inputs.

EIREXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Weird to post a paid release to a homebrew forum. This isn't really the place for commercial activity.
Well I mean, it is commercial homebrew, if it is against the rules I wouldn't mind the thread being removed, but I don't see the issue personally.
Nice. But, aren't you ripping the assets from Project Diva? Those look exactly like Project Diva's inputs.
Nope, they are all custom made, in fact they are generated by this very hacky python script.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
otherwise it would be piracy.
Ugh, dude.. Using the CFW to run it as a homebrew, and do you really think I'm any care about copyright infringement? Piracy — is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area btw.

Reactions: nWo

EIREXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ugh, dude.. Using the CFW to run it as a homebrew, and do you really think I'm any care about copyright infringement? Piracy — is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area btw.
I personally don't mind piracy, I think it's fine, but I won't make it easier for people that's for sure.

Reactions: mathew77

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

What's the difference between this and, say, the Vice City switch port that requires you to also buy the game to get the needed files to run it on the Switch?

Reactions: Fgamer

EIREXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Small PC-sided update that relates to the switch port:

It now prevents one from exporting official songs, this was an oversight and those songs would cause the game to crash.

Reactions: komabear and Daggot

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I love Project Diva. I had no idea somebody made a rhythm game inspired by it. I'll check out the steam version.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That wasn't my question.. or do you mean that since Vice City is easier to pirate then it should have a thread here, and since this is harder to pirate there shouldn't be a thread about it?
I have a pro-piracy stance on GTA games, but definitely go support this developer if you enjoy this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1