Homebrew problems with Gecko OS

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I used the Brawl Plus updater thing (It's on Wiibrew, iirc, but I downloaded it via the Homebrew Browser), so I could try it out, decided a week later that I didn't like it that much, so I deleted the files from my SD card. Apparently I didn't delete everything, because I have a couple problems with Gecko OS now.

1. When I load Gecko OS (yes, I have the latest version), I get the Brawl+ version of Gecko OS. (Red background, with the Brawl+ logo, etc.)
I'd like to change that back. I tried deleting it from my SD card and redownloading it, but that didn't work. It still brings up the Brawl+ stuff.
I found a "background" image in the root of the SD card that looked like that background, but deleting that didn't do anything either.
How can I fix this?

2. I'm not sure if the Brawl+ thing did this or not, but wasn't there an option to load channels through Gecko OS?
I thought the Brawl+ stuff was just a theme I needed to somehow replace, but I can't seem to figure out how to load channels through Gecko now.

Help please?

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheJorsh said:
I found a "background" image in the root of the SD card that looked like that background, but deleting that didn't do anything either.
frown.gif

Also, you wouldn't happen to know how to launch channels through Gecko, would you?
I remember doing it before, but I can't find an option to now.

EDIT: All I'm seeing on the menu is
Launch Game
Config Options
About
Exit

I thought there was some way to launch a channel from Gecko.

EDIT2:
Yep, after looking at other people using 1.9.3 on Youtube, I should have
Launch Game
Launch Channel
Launch Rebooter
Config Options
Rebooter Options
About
Exit

For some reason I'm missing Launch Channel, Launch Rebooter, and Config Rebooter.
Anybody know how to fix this?

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Priiloader and intall that so you can see the rebooter options and the like. Also load from brawl+ updatifier and you will see the other options.

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I just realized the missing options is probably because I updated to 4.3 last night.
XP
Nevermind, guys, I think I know how to fix this now.

AGH NINJA'D

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you fix it? I am about to update my wii soon and I would like to know how before I start complaining about it being deleted.

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't know what EXACTLY needs to happen, but what's worked for me with past system menu updates is to go back to this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...t=0&start=0

And skip straight to the "Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS" and just run through all of that again to make sure I still have all of that installed.

Most of my other stuff seems to be working at the moment, Configurable USB Loader, Anything that uses my external harddrive, the only thing that isn't working for me right now would be some of Gecko's options, and dvd backup loaders.
This has happened twice now during system menu updates (except I never really noticed problems with Gecko since I hardly used it until around half a year ago), and going through the steps in that stickied thread seemed to work for me then.

EDIT: Of course, I already had the HBC updated to the latest version (1.0.8) along with Bootmii (what is it, beta 6 now, iirc?), so they didn't get deleted and I didn't need to go through any of the steps until the "Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS" part.

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure.
I do know that since I've had all of it installed anyway, it shouldn't hurt if I end up reinstalling some of it.
┐('~`;)┌

If anything goes seriously wrong, I should be able to just load my backup nand with Bootmii.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does the bootmii folder go again? In the root or the apps folder? And if on the root then how do I get it so it won't keep loading whenever I forst turn on the wii? I want system menu to pop up.

Fluffy_258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm just asking a question that many don't respond to. I'm using gecko os to use cheats/hacks in games but when I run Mario kart wii with the codes it shows the "wii strap" screen and the "online all rights reserved" screen.... But after that it freezes (shows a black screen with the game trying to load plus remotes are unresponsive) And another thing is that it runs without cheats on gecko os just fine..... BUT when I run Star Wars Force Unleashed with hack codes..... It works. I get all costumes and etc. plus it shows the game. I might think it's the iOS36,ios15, or patched ios36 (ios236) that might be the problem... Can anyone help me fix mkwii not working with cheats. PLZ!!!!Gecko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)